Google Defaulting to German

cj1896

Reaction score
On my droid when I open up the google homepage it is defaulting to the german address. I have tried overriding the homepage with the US address and the /ncr address for google. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to fix it? Also if I search directly by typing at the homepage (without opening up the browser first) google will be in english. I have cleared all of the cache, cookies, and browser history as well.

Nonie3234

Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting. Mine is defaulting to Japanese! What the heck??!!?? I hope you get a solution, maybe it will work for me, too.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mine is showing Klingon......

Well...It's not....Have you cleared the cache?

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
I have cleared the cache but after looking for an hour or so online there is a thread from 2 years ago on Google's help for users that have this problem with their PC. There is a link at the bottom where you can send your IP to google and they will override whatever location setting on their end that has this screwed up. Supposedly it takes a month at the longest.

google home ALWAYS defaults to german - Google Problems | Google Groups

Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem. I will post when and if this gets resolved on their end. Doesn't affect use of the phone just is extremely annoying!