1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Defaulting to German

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by cj1896, Dec 30, 2009.

1. cj1896

cj1896 New Member

On my droid when I open up the google homepage it is defaulting to the german address. I have tried overriding the homepage with the US address and the /ncr address for google. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to fix it? Also if I search directly by typing at the homepage (without opening up the browser first) google will be in english. I have cleared all of the cache, cookies, and browser history as well.
  2. Nonie3234

Nonie3234 New Member

Hmmm, interesting. Mine is defaulting to Japanese! What the heck??!!?? I hope you get a solution, maybe it will work for me, too.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Mine is showing Klingon......

Well...It's not....Have you cleared the cache?
  4. cj1896

cj1896 New Member

I have cleared the cache but after looking for an hour or so online there is a thread from 2 years ago on Google's help for users that have this problem with their PC. There is a link at the bottom where you can send your IP to google and they will override whatever location setting on their end that has this screwed up. Supposedly it takes a month at the longest.

google home ALWAYS defaults to german - Google Problems | Google Groups

Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem. I will post when and if this gets resolved on their end. Doesn't affect use of the phone just is extremely annoying!
  5. Nonie3234

Nonie3234 New Member

Wow - great find! I'll try it right now. Thank you!
Search tags for this page
galaxy s3 phone always defaults to germany

google defaults to german

why is my google german
whys my google defualted to germany