mms probs

johnny9374

Reaction score
ok so about a week ago whenever someone sends me a pic message i get a d/l box but no pic when i tap the box it says downloading then i get an error message saying it failed i was on the phone with verizon for an hour and they cant figure it out anyone got any suggestions?

Kruzer31

Reaction score
I have the same problem too. Half the time i get the picture, the other half the time i get the gray download box and it doesnt work. Im hopin it fixes when the update comes

jebar77

Reaction score
i dont even get it half the time..... i also tried downloading handcent and that isnt working either

refthemc

Reaction score
I just tried sending myself a pic from my Email and I received it fine. One thing to remember is make sure you have 3G because you can't receive MMS messages over Wifi. If all else fails the good ol Reinstall the latest update from you computer might work. Be warned, you will erase everything.http://bit.ly/8CM0bZ

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
mine isnt fixed according to the tech i spoke too its a network problem and not a phone problem so why isnt it happening to everyone?

jebar77

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking.... i have hit a few forums and have found quite a few people that are having the same problem...and noone has a fix, i read somewhere that verizon sent som3eone a new phone but she hasnt posted again to say if it fixed it or not. .. thing is my wifes phone is fine, same phone same account.... obviously different number.... but no problems.... other thing i noticed is messages take forever to get from her phone to mine. been happening for about3 or 4 weeks now.

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
been happening bout that long for me too a guy i work with has same phone no probs friend of mine same phone no probs

Izeltokatl

Reaction score
I got this issue today, diving through LA. My wife sent me a pic and it just showed a download button. I was on the highway and the 3G indicator was off, tried a few times didn't let me download. when I got to the office I noticed 3 G was showing again click on download, and it worked. try in a different area, your location may have funky 3g errors.?

jebar77

Reaction score
ok so after 2 hours with tech support, they offered me a like new phone. im good with getting someone elses crap, i think im gonna wait and see if the next update fixes it. if i remember correctly this all started happening around the same time the last update dropped. i may have had them send me a new phone if it was brand new. i am still leaning towards a network problem with verizon.... i did get 1 pic today but it took forever to come in and i sent another and it didnt so i dont know what the hell is going on.

anyone have any clue when the next update is set to come out?

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My has been working since Handcent was last updated...

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
well i spent 3 hours at verizon and they finally gave up and told me to do a factory reset which i thought worked i was wrong now im gettin a few pics but not all so im gettin a refurb i guess