Miui for droid x

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by riverjao, Jul 23, 2011.

1. riverjao

riverjao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MIUI came out for Droid X came out yesterday and I would like to run it. I'm on rooted Gingerbread, so can I just install and run, or do I need to SBF back to Froyo to be able to use this Rom??? Or, could I just upload a Froyo backup and then download and use MIUI from there???

2. deevious

deevious New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just like with CM7 and Justice you'll need to SBF.

3. riverjao

riverjao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK. I have easy access to a PC, but I own a Mac. Their still isn't a way to SBF on a Mac right?

4. dirtydroid

dirtydroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you happen to have the TBH App?

Justified

5. riverjao

riverjao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I don't. What is it? I typed in TBH app in the market and nothing relevant seemed to pull up...?

6. dirtydroid

dirtydroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its team black hats app. A very well worth the money app. I believe it got pulled from the market..but if you Google it I think it will bring you to their site..long story short it does contain an update zip Sbf file that come in very handy. BC as far as Macs go I have no idea about them..let me know after you check it out.

Justified

7. ooklathemok

ooklathemok Member

Ratings:
    +0
  8. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
  9. Thatonedude

Thatonedude New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if im on a cm7 rom, can i just flash miui over it?

10. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, just wipe Data/Cache and Dalvik Cache before flashing MIUI.

11. Redjak

Redjak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Edit: I got everything to work, if you're having the same problem scroll to my next comment where I go through the steps of what I did. I'm so happy :)

Hey guys! MIUI is great, isn't it? I posted a thread because I'm having a huge problem, but maybe I can get my answer here. I flashed GB 2.3.5 onto my DX through SBF Flash for Linux, it worked fine, and I rooted it with the 1-click Root app for Windows. Root worked, I put Droid2Bootstrap on my phone, went into recovery, did the data/cache and dalvik cache wipe like everyone's been saying, and then went to install update from zip>choose zip(or whatever the option is)>MIUI Shadow (or again, whatever the DX version is called). It worked great, I booted into MIUI and had absolutely no troubles with it the first time. However, when I rebooted my phone, the boot took forever (like, 5 minutes) and when I opened up my phone again, it had done a factory reset, wiping all my configurations, downloads, accounts, and even service(I had to call in and activate my phone again), and Torch/Themes apps wouldn't work at all. I rebooted again and once again it did a clean wipe, and now every time my phone powers down and back on it does this factory reset crap. I have v. 1.9.23 MIUI. I may try flashing 8.19.11 because I believe that's the last stable version for Droid X and see if it works. I'm thinking it installed in my phone's memory for some reason instead of the hard drive, kind of like when you boot a Linux LiveCD, so it's not saving my settings. Any help would be appreciated!

TL;DR Every time I boot my Droid X (GB 2.3.5 SBF Flashed with Linux, rooted with 1-click Root for Windows app) with MIUI v. 1.9.23 for Droid X, it does a complete factory reset. Torch app and Themes app have stopped working as well.

#11 Redjak, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  12. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I saw someone on the MIUI forum with the same problem, I would try a fresh SBF to .602 GB and flash it again

Search tags for this page

miui droid x