Miui for droid x

riverjao

Reaction score
MIUI came out for Droid X came out yesterday and I would like to run it. I'm on rooted Gingerbread, so can I just install and run, or do I need to SBF back to Froyo to be able to use this Rom??? Or, could I just upload a Froyo backup and then download and use MIUI from there???

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
OK. I have easy access to a PC, but I own a Mac. Their still isn't a way to SBF on a Mac right?

OP
R

riverjao

Reaction score
No I don't. What is it? I typed in TBH app in the market and nothing relevant seemed to pull up...?

dirtydroid

Reaction score
Its team black hats app. A very well worth the money app. I believe it got pulled from the market..but if you Google it I think it will bring you to their site..long story short it does contain an update zip Sbf file that come in very handy. BC as far as Macs go I have no idea about them..let me know after you check it out.

Justified

ooklathemok

Reaction score

Redjak

Reaction score
Edit: I got everything to work, if you're having the same problem scroll to my next comment where I go through the steps of what I did. I'm so happy :)

Hey guys! MIUI is great, isn't it? I posted a thread because I'm having a huge problem, but maybe I can get my answer here. I flashed GB 2.3.5 onto my DX through SBF Flash for Linux, it worked fine, and I rooted it with the 1-click Root app for Windows. Root worked, I put Droid2Bootstrap on my phone, went into recovery, did the data/cache and dalvik cache wipe like everyone's been saying, and then went to install update from zip>choose zip(or whatever the option is)>MIUI Shadow (or again, whatever the DX version is called). It worked great, I booted into MIUI and had absolutely no troubles with it the first time. However, when I rebooted my phone, the boot took forever (like, 5 minutes) and when I opened up my phone again, it had done a factory reset, wiping all my configurations, downloads, accounts, and even service(I had to call in and activate my phone again), and Torch/Themes apps wouldn't work at all. I rebooted again and once again it did a clean wipe, and now every time my phone powers down and back on it does this factory reset crap. I have v. 1.9.23 MIUI. I may try flashing 8.19.11 because I believe that's the last stable version for Droid X and see if it works. I'm thinking it installed in my phone's memory for some reason instead of the hard drive, kind of like when you boot a Linux LiveCD, so it's not saving my settings. Any help would be appreciated!

TL;DR Every time I boot my Droid X (GB 2.3.5 SBF Flashed with Linux, rooted with 1-click Root for Windows app) with MIUI v. 1.9.23 for Droid X, it does a complete factory reset. Torch app and Themes app have stopped working as well.

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
I saw someone on the MIUI forum with the same problem, I would try a fresh SBF to .602 GB and flash it again

Redjak

Reaction score
That's what I'm working on now. I really hope it works cuz I love the ROM. Will post back with results.

Edit1: Just finished flashing Gingerbread, rooting my device, and installing D2Bootstrap. I just wiped my cache and such, and it looks like it just finished installing MIUI. One difference I notice between mine and the one I saw on Youtube is that the guy on Youtube had "MIUI" in ASCII art...All I see is "DX," and "Droid X Chat Presents MIUI.US DX 1.9.23" underneath it. Anyone have any info on that? Perhaps I have the wrong build or package. Anyway, I'm going to try booting my phone and then rebooting to see what happens. Hang tight :p

Edit2: Ok, I got the MIUI bootlogo, it's bootlooping now...but getting a little further into the boot animation every time... 0.o *sigh* bootloop :/ Reflashing GB now. Gosh I hate this process...

Edit3: Just finished going through the whole process, downloaded the package again in case I had corrupted files, I just reinstalled MIUI...looking at the boot logo aaaand...ok good looks like there's no loop this time. One more edit after this and I'm done, I promise :p I'm going to test everything out and see if it works right.

Edit4: MIUI just installed successfully, I downloaded a new package in case there were corrupted files. Sure enough, factory wipe, but that happened the very first time as well so I'm going to activate my phone, mess around for a minute, reboot and see if it wipes it again. If that's the case, I'm not using MIUI anymore, no matter how much I love it. Anyone have any other, maybe similar ROMs I may like? I'm not too interested in Liberty, just putting that out there.

Final Edit: rebooting phone now...*fingers crossed SO tight* MIUI bootlogo, no bootloop...that's good...looks like it booted normally, let's see if my settings saved...WONDERFUL! :D Everything works! :D :D :D

Last edited: