MIUI Camera Showing Black Screen...Please help

Smack77

Reaction score
I installed the all in one rom from liberty to start off and had the normal issues of having to install google apps, gps fix, and the camera fix. I was able to use the camera using the button on the screen. I then installed the latest nightly 21. I wanted the MIUI camera so I installed it using the 3 steps here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=15219508#post15219508. Post 167. I went into the camera and all it showed was a black screen. So I ran the camera fix again and it now still shows just a black screen.

How can I get it to work or go back to the original camera?

9wire

Reaction score
I just checked mine, after updating to nightly 21, my video was black screen. Re-installing the video fix zip fixed it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

9wire

Reaction score
That's the one I used.

OP
S

Smack77

Reaction score
I tried to reinstall every thing again. Doing the 3 steps and then the camera fix but nothing.

The second step of the 3 part process says it doesn't work in recovery. I reboot into recovery and run it and I don't see any issues. Is that installing properly in the reboot option by holding down the power and choosing recovery?

razorloves

Reaction score
I installed the all in one rom from liberty to start off and had the normal issues of having to install google apps, gps fix, and the camera fix. I was able to use the camera using the button on the screen. I then installed the latest nightly 21. I wanted the MIUI camera so I installed it using the 3 steps here MIUI camera app for CM7 [New Version posted 5-28] - Page 17 - xda-developers. Post 167. I went into the camera and all it showed was a black screen. So I ran the camera fix again and it now still shows just a black screen.

How can I get it to work or go back to the original camera?
change the resolution setting in the miui camera and you wont have black screen problem

randyb69

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion to change the resolution. Uninstalled last night because I had the black screen. Reinstalled and made the change. Works great

mtbhk44

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion to change the resolution. Uninstalled last night because I had the black screen. Reinstalled and made the change. Works great

Yup - widescreen does not work for some reason. All other resolutions do

cubsfan187

Reaction score
How is it that you guys are getting the MIUI cam to work without that second file flashing the correct way?

OP
S

Smack77

Reaction score
I installed each file and rebooted after each one. I installed all files by holding down the power button (top) choosing reboot and going into recovery, choosing zip from sd, and installing. There is a mention that it doesn't work with some version of recovery so make sure you have the right one.

Also thanks for the resolution fix.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I installed each file and rebooted after each one. I installed all files by holding down the power button (top) choosing reboot and going into recovery, choosing zip from sd, and installing. There is a mention that it doesn't work with some version of recovery so make sure you have the right one.

Also thanks for the resolution fix.
I know how to get into recovery. I just don't get how if the second file (the one you need a different recovery for) doesn't flash, how are you getting the right one so this cam fix will work.

OP
S

Smack77

Reaction score
I just flashed the rom managers clockworkmod recovery and it wouldn't allow me to run the amend file. I could do this with an older version I had installed before just updating. I will now try to figure out how to go back.

OP
S

Smack77

Reaction score
Actually I don't think the amend file is neccesary. I think if you are running gingerbread you "edify", but if you are using earlier versions of android you would "amend".

That is a complete guess though at this point.