camera opens but all i see is black

joshnehf

Reaction score
so when i open my camera app the camera comes up but the screen is just black. all of the icons to chamge the flash, brightness, etc are still there just cant see anything on the screen. i think this happened after i updated my phone...... can i fix this or do i need a new phone?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi Josh :welcome: to the forum. A lot of ppl are having problems after the update. Yes I'd take it in to Verizon.

titans1

Reaction score
so when i open my camera app the camera comes up but the screen is just black. all of the icons to chamge the flash, brightness, etc are still there just cant see anything on the screen. i think this happened after i updated my phone...... can i fix this or do i need a new phone?

im sorry i cant resist.......have you tried moving your finger out of the way?..... im just kidding:):blackdroid:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

im sorry i cant resist.......have you tried moving your finger out of the way?..... im just kidding:):blackdroid:

I almost said the same thing then decided since he/she is new....I'd be nice :rofl3:

dantrona

Reaction score
Well.. Third times the charm?

Have you tried moving your finger? Or have you checked that your case doesn't cover the lense?

Everyone gets it..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine does this too. I hope my D2 I have doesn't have this issue.

This thing is suppose to take pictures in low light, but how can you take a picture of something you can't see?