If you don't like the AOSP camera in CM7...try this!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
xda-developers - View Single Post - MIUI camera app for CM7 [New Version posted 5-28]

This MIUI camera works on my D2 running CM7. :)

You can read through the thread, but this post has the current/best build that works on my D2 running CM7.

Push APK to /system/app, then set permissions to 644 and owner to root/root (basically match setting of other APKs in /system/app.

Pretty cool - starts up and shoots and just works! Full-screen option (which I missed from Blur camera) and other nice features.

Video even recorded (though FC after playback and return to the camera).

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...installed MIUI Gallery (same process as above) and it is very fast.

You may be able to flash this from CW, I just pulled the APK from it, copied to /system/app, set permissions and owner, and restarted Launcher Pro and the icon was there and it worked. YMMV, you might have to restart...

bwhite757

Reaction score
Camera is great, gallery on the other hand, unfortunately you can't Zoom on the pics, kinda a deal breaker for me, if they get that fixed, it would be awesome..

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny, I hadn't noticed that...I don't really use or need zoom in the gallery very much, I guess.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
What do you mean when you say to set permissions to 644? I went to permissions in root explorer and it didn't bring up any numbers at all. Not sure how I would set it to 644.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod7!

Last edited:
OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
In Root Explorer, long press and select permissions from the context menu, then select all the items in the first column, first one in the second column.

Look at permissions of any other app in the /System/App folder and match that

Last edited:

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Yeah I went ahead and done that because I figured it needed to be the same. The number is what threw me off. Gallery works great too. Thank you.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod7!

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Linux permissions are a new, odd thing to understand for us Windows types. :)

Cstryon

Reaction score
Used apk installer, worked great! Live this camera
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Cstryon

Reaction score
Used apk installer, worked great! Live this camera

Nice to know that works...thanks.

Also, if you use apk installer, you should back up and uninstall the aosp camera first, otherwise out will open that one only after your first use of the new camera.

ricky82g

Reaction score
How do you push it to system/app? I downloaded it and tried to move it but it said read only file?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you push it to system/app? I downloaded it and tried to move it but it said read only file?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

You need to use ADB shell (requires SDK on your PC) or you can use an app like Droid Root Explorer (highly recommended - anyone w/root should have Root Explorer or an app like it).

W/Root Explorer you copy/paste the file to the /system/app directory (after selecting the button at the top of the Root Explorer screen to set the directory to R/W (read/write).

After pasting the file, long-press and set permissions as noted previously, and long press and set ownership to root/root.

Then tap the button to set the directory back to Read Only (R/O) and exit.