MIUI 1.8.12 update in Rom Manager.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me out, cause I'm new to this ROM thing. I've successfully rooted my phone, then used Rom Manager to download 1.8.12, rebooted into recovery, and then wiped everything and installed MIUI. It works pretty well, but am having the FC and service issues mention on this site. So, my questions:

1. By using the native MIUI backup, does that allow it for me to have all my apps and settings saved for when I install a newer version of MIUI? If I switch to CM7 will I have all the stuff?
2. Can I just switch to CM7 from MIUI through the Rom manager like I did before from MIUI 1.8.12? Will I have problems with this?
3. Should I reinstall 1.8.12 from the ROM manager (I've read about the 1.8.12a fix)?

I'm not going to lie, I was just so fed up with the Motoblur original software that I took the plunge and seemed to have lucked out. I am relatively good with computers, but I still have a lot of grey ares about ROMming cause it seems like there are so many ways to do it.

What is it exactly you want to do? Go to cm7 or update miui? Either way..my best suggestion..is to boot into recovery..wipe everything, ie dalvick cache, wipe data, and wipe cache partition...then flash whichever you choose..the cleaner the better...:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums