MIUI 1.7.29 is in ROM Manager

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any news on this yet? Anybody get it working or na? If not where's. The best place for me to keep an eye on? I heard frameworkk earlier in the thread butt how are you guys seeing their announcements? On this forumsomewhere?

Framework is working on an update to the .29 release he already gave to the DX users, after that we hope he'll have something for us, he's said he would do that, the timing is just the major unknown.

Reaction score
I know that I need bootstrap to install MIUI but once its installed I just use clockwork in rom manager right?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know that I need bootstrap to install MIUI but once its installed I just use clockwork in rom manager right?

Right! Do not use Koush's bootstrap once MIUI is loaded. It will put you in a bootloop and you'll need to SBF.

Reaction score
Awesome. Can't wait to get home and sbf. Thanks guys. O does anyone know how to stop all the apps from reinstalling after u sbf so I don't have to wait or go through and cancel them all. Thanks again.

papp_e

Reaction score
on this release of MIUI (not .29 about to re-come out), apps arent automatically restored. You have to manually do it through a variety of different ways

fishhelmet

Reaction score
So does the rom (version 1.7.29) on the miui.us.us forums work for the d2? I've been hearing conflicting reports for the last few days and this version is still isn't in rom manager.

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Oh and should I wipe before install on this one or install it over top of the previous

ksalce

Reaction score
Oh and should I wipe before install on this one or install it over top of the previous

Do not install. You will have to sbf regardless if you do a full wipe or not. Trust me I learned the hard way by having to sbf 3 different times. My guess would be to wait til turns up in rom manager again before trying to download and flash it.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd wait until a see a post from Framework that it is ready...

troutbeck27

Reaction score
MIUI 1.7.29 ZIP is listed over on MIUI.US. Says it is Signed by Framework43.

Is this the same as being "ported", if so are we good to go?

ksalce

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has posted this already but this was posted by framework himself on the rootzwiki forum in regards to the delay in releasing the update:

"I take a break and I'm dead? lol I just really need to stay away from my phone for a while before I go crazy, MIUI(china) is releasing the changelog for 1.8.5 today, .22 is not missing much form .29, Going to update Dx and D2 to .8.5 on Friday."

Definitely pumped up for Friday :)