MIUI 1.7.29 is in ROM Manager

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
MIUI 1.7.29 is in ROM Manager - I got an 'update available' notification from ROM Manager in my status bar...downloading now, gonna backup and flash and see what happens.

Changelog is Google-translated from Chinese, so the wording can be a bit odd in some places...

*** Weekly Changelog ***

Last edited:

papp_e

Reaction score
how is it looking? I am urged to download but 3g at my job isnt the greatest and i cant connect to wifi because its a govt lab and they wont allow anyone to connect anything non-govt to the computers or wifi or any network or hardware what so ever. looks like im waiting until around 430 ish to DL

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Install fails in CWR:

After Finding update package and Opening update package get "Assert failed run_program ("tmp/check_kernel") == 0

Anyone else?

papp_e

Reaction score
i have no idea what im talking about what so ever when it comes to errors in this language but if I had to guess, looks like it doesnt even get to open the update package, so maybe (hopefully) its not the port thats broken but the script that runs the install

ksalce

Reaction score
Install fails in CWR:

After Finding update package and Opening update package get "Assert failed run_program ("tmp/check_kernel") == 0

Anyone else?

I get the same error in cwr also. I'm trying to download it from the miui site and see if it works from there. I'll post and let everyone know what happens.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Might be that Framework needs to apply some secret sauce first....

ksalce

Reaction score
Yeah I just tried downloading the update from the site and flashing it and got the same error. Not sure what's wrong hopefully this issue is fixed soon.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK...MIUI download page is now updated for D2 for .29 version, so I'm betting it will work now.

(Glass half-full guy here.) :)

Oh well, glass is actually mostly empty. Failed again.

Framework posted on Rootz D2 MIUI thread that the download isn't ready. Since both CWR download and direct download from MIUI site fail, I'm prepare to believe him. :)

Last edited:

ksalce

Reaction score
They just took the update off of rom manager so I'm hoping that means that its in the process of being fixed right now.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Waiting "patiently." (That means only hitting F5 every 10 minutes.)

ksalce

Reaction score
I'm hoping this update fixes the boot animation changer issue with not being able to change the boot animation at all.

Jester822

Reaction score
It's in RM again but I'm getting a corrupt zip error.

ksalce

Reaction score
As am I. They keep teasing us lol