B

Bassaholic33

Reaction score
w00t w00t... no boot loop
w00t w00t... no boot loop

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
camera work? leaving tomorrow morning for some vacation time, need the camera to work.. and gps

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1.8.12 kept force closing when attempting to change my ringtone. I've already come back to stock.

OP
B

Bassaholic33

Reaction score
camera doesnt work. status bar is force closing... these are the problems so far.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Known issues so far that I'm aware of are the FC on change ringtones (get ringdroid from the market for now to cover that) and FC when changing toggles from pull page to compact.

Other than that, everything seems to be fine, camera (w/new shutter animation) and video record/playback work, GPS works, and includes changes to improve battery life (yet to be confirmed) - the same changes that Jcatt had put into his 1.8.5 battery patch.

I don't see any reason to fall back to 1.8.5 at this point, although I don't like the new camera shutter animation and wish I could turn it off.

If your camera isn't working you've got a problem w/your setup...you can try:

1. Clear data for camera
2. Fix permissions in ROM manager
3. Wipe data

OP
B

Bassaholic33

Reaction score
yeah my camera does work. still no status bar though. anyone else having this issue?

Reaction score
So do I need to wipe data and cache or just cache to install?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

duyna

Reaction score
Anyone know if there be a fix for the bluetooth connectivity issue?
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

fishaholic

Reaction score
ok...... so is there a patch?? or is this just wroking right out of the box?

well working without the ringtone issue lol

papp_e

Reaction score
I downloaded from rom manager and after it finished the prompt it showed me only had 'wipe dalvik cache' selected and left 'wipe data' and 'create backup' unchecked. I just wiped dalvik cache and installed directly over 1.8.5 and I have no problems...camera and everything else work just fine

kevinlaw

Reaction score
Can someone please help me out, cause I'm new to this ROM thing. I've successfully rooted my phone, then used Rom Manager to download 1.8.12, rebooted into recovery, and then wiped everything and installed MIUI. It works pretty well, but am having the FC and service issues mention on this site. So, my questions:

1. By using the native MIUI backup, does that allow it for me to have all my apps and settings saved for when I install a newer version of MIUI? If I switch to CM7 will I have all the stuff?
2. Can I just switch to CM7 from MIUI through the Rom manager like I did before from MIUI 1.8.12? Will I have problems with this?
3. Should I reinstall 1.8.12 from the ROM manager (I've read about the 1.8.12a fix)?

I'm not going to lie, I was just so fed up with the Motoblur original software that I took the plunge and seemed to have lucked out. I am relatively good with computers, but I still have a lot of grey ares about ROMming cause it seems like there are so many ways to do it.