Missing Clockwork Recovery

gottaDROID

Reaction score
I installed Apex 1.0.2.3 a few weeks ago and everything goin great. I wanted to try the new version released recently and noticed I couldn't get clockwork working. I have a droid 2 and use the bootstrap recovery. I use this for every rom I install. Everytime I click reboot recovery, the phone just restarts normally. I figured i'll try Rom Manager instead, flashed clockwork. Tried to reboot into recovery again, same thing happens. I can get into android recovery by pressing X + Power. I've tried removing the battery while it reboots, after I put it back in it just starts back up fine. I'm still rooted and like I said everything seems to work fine except I can't load any new roms. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also if you need more just let me know. Thanks

jarofclay

Reaction score
I had this problem to and I had inadvertenly block SU (root) permission to the recovery application. Check your superuser application to make sure recovery has root permission and is not being blocked.

Once I unblocked it worked like a charm.

D

dankarlinski

I had this problem to and I had inadvertenly block SU (root) permission to the recovery application. Check your superuser application to make sure recovery has root permission and is not being blocked.

seconded. i have dont it before too.

OP
gottaDROID

gottaDROID

Reaction score

seconded. i have dont it before too.

After reading this I checked my permissions. It was allowed but I noticed the Bootstrap icon was different. I uninstalled bootstrap and reinstalled from the market, allowed it, and then it worked!! Thanks for the replies!!