1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Missing Clockwork Recovery

Discussion in 'Apex' started by gottaDROID, Dec 21, 2010.

1. gottaDROID

gottaDROID New Member

I installed Apex 1.0.2.3 a few weeks ago and everything goin great. I wanted to try the new version released recently and noticed I couldn't get clockwork working. I have a droid 2 and use the bootstrap recovery. I use this for every rom I install. Everytime I click reboot recovery, the phone just restarts normally. I figured i'll try Rom Manager instead, flashed clockwork. Tried to reboot into recovery again, same thing happens. I can get into android recovery by pressing X + Power. I've tried removing the battery while it reboots, after I put it back in it just starts back up fine. I'm still rooted and like I said everything seems to work fine except I can't load any new roms. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also if you need more just let me know. Thanks
  2. jarofclay

jarofclay New Member

I had this problem to and I had inadvertenly block SU (root) permission to the recovery application. Check your superuser application to make sure recovery has root permission and is not being blocked.

Once I unblocked it worked like a charm.
  3. dankarlinski

dankarlinski Guest

seconded. i have dont it before too.
  4. gottaDROID

gottaDROID New Member

After reading this I checked my permissions. It was allowed but I noticed the Bootstrap icon was different. I uninstalled bootstrap and reinstalled from the market, allowed it, and then it worked!! Thanks for the replies!!
Search tags for this page
android missing bitmap icon
bitmap icon clockwork
e missing bitmap icon clockwork
e: missing bitmap icon installer
lost clockwork mod droid x
missing bitmap icon android
missing bitmap icon clock work

missing bitmap icon clockwork

missing bitmap icon installing cwm recovery
missing bitmap on recovery
missing bitmap reboot moto x