Missed Call for the Motorola Droid

msheldon

Reaction score
I had to uninstall this today. I really like it, and frankly, I really need it. But, it has definitively been responsible for multiple instances of total lock-ups of my phone (required battery removal) when alerting to calendar events.

Hopefully it will be fixed, but until then, it's not safe for me to use. (I am often on call)

aleee

Reaction score
LED interval doesnt work on droid...? i downloaded the beta version and still doesnt work

OP
M

missed_call

Reaction score
Thank you for all your comments. Unfortunately I do not have a Droid for testing so it is pretty difficult to reproduce all your problems.

Just some comments. Sliding down the status bar always stops a flashing LED. This is standard/default Android behaviour and I can not do anything about it.

Talking about Google Voice, Gmail, corporate email integration. This is something I really would love to add but this applications do not send any broadcast about e.g. new emails. Furthermore there is no access to their databases in order to get to know sth. about their state. To sum up I will implement them when it gets possible. :)

Email -> SMS problem. That is something which could be fixed. I have to look at this one more closely. I will update the beta version when the fix is available.

At the end it would be awesome if some of you could comment on the basic "call service". Have you got any problems with it? (wrong notifications, not stopping repeat notifications etc.)

Last but not least it would be great if you could drop your bugs and feature requests into the GitHub account of Missed Call. -> annoma's Missed-Call at master - GitHub

Thank you for all your support.

OP
M

missed_call

Reaction score
I have published version 0.9.0 RC3 in the market right now. It fixes a big problem with missed call recognition. :) In addition there are included some other fixes.

Have fun with it. And keep reporting bugs on GitHub. :)

Silverwing

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I still would like it very much if we could use the standard notification bars!

friedmal

Reaction score
Missed Call app addition - VM notifications

I like the app. Can you enhance to handle VMs? Would like the ability to set a specific alert tone and a reminder every x number of minutes...

radsaq

Reaction score
I have published version 0.9.0 RC3 in the market right now. It fixes a big problem with missed call recognition. :) In addition there are included some other fixes.

Have fun with it. And keep reporting bugs on GitHub. :)

I don't receive many calls, so I haven't been able to do a whole lot of testing, but there was one instance where Missed Call never registered a missed call until tens of minutes (or perhaps hours later) when I finally saw the color LED I set and the notification sound I set to repeat, though there was no notification in the bar at this time. Is this the bug you were referring to?

OP
M

missed_call

Reaction score
Yeah this is the bug I was refering to. When you really got a missed call there must be a notification icon in the status bar. But this bug should be fixed now.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is the bug I was refering to. When you really got a missed call there must be a notification icon in the status bar. But this bug should be fixed now.
Been working great for me! Great job looking forward to updates/added features. :icon_ banana:

OP
M

missed_call

Reaction score
Thank you for your comment. :) It would be awesome if you could rate/comment on the application in the market. :)

Luxferro

Reaction score
Talking about Google Voice, Gmail, corporate email integration. This is something I really would love to add but this applications do not send any broadcast about e.g. new emails. Furthermore there is no access to their databases in order to get to know sth. about their state. To sum up I will implement them when it gets possible. :)

I'm not know how all this stuff works, or how your app does. But in the above you said that those apps don't broadcast, but they do create notification icons on the status bar. would there be any way to pull the info from the status bar?

OP
M

missed_call

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no way to get the information from the status bar.

Regarding the Email -> SMS problem. This one should be fixed now. It would be great if some of you could comment on that.

Release 0.9.0 RC4 is available in the market right now.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Did you fix source allocation? I seem to lag a lot less than I did before.

OP
M

missed_call

Reaction score
Oh well I forgot to disable the debug messages which iterated over the whole call log for debugging purposes. In RC5 speed should be fine now. :)

Starsushi

Reaction score
I just downloaded the newest version...

- white comes out greenish blue
- pink, purple, and light red, red all look the same (or too similar to make much difference)
- blue is too dark to really see well

It's really great though that you would come on this forum and ask for feedback and the respond with either fixes or explanations!