SMS and missed calls notification.

Pedrusco

Reaction score
I am having some troubles with missed calls and SMS notification, cause the only notification I get is that little icon in the status bar and that is not very helpfull. In some others phone with android, whenever you get a sms or missed call the notification appear in the locker screen and another notification appera in the phone icon and in the SMS incon with the numbers of SMS or calls missed. So, cant I get notifications from the lock screen and in the icons? Since, that is a very important function, I expect to solve this problem.
Sorry for any english mistake.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Pedrusco said:
I am having some troubles with missed calls and SMS notification, cause the only notification I get is that little icon in the status bar and that is not very helpfull. In some others phone with android, whenever you get a sms or missed call the notification appear in the locker screen and another notification appera in the phone icon and in the SMS incon with the numbers of SMS or calls missed. So, cant I get notifications from the lock screen and in the icons? Since, that is a very important function, I expect to solve this problem.
Sorry for any english mistake.

Long press the screen, select Widgets, scroll down to universal inbox. Tap on universal inbox. Now it will give you the option of showing missed calls and texts and even updates on Facebook in this box. When your through selecting what you want to shoe in the box, you can. Resize it and place it in your preferred location on your home screen. Hope this helps???

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
P

Pedrusco

Reaction score
Long press the screen, select Widgets, scroll down to universal inbox. Tap on universal inbox. Now it will give you the option of showing missed calls and texts and even updates on Facebook in this box. When your through selecting what you want to shoe in the box, you can. Resize it and place it in your preferred location on your home screen. Hope this helps???

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Thank you for your help, but it not exactly what I am looking for, because this widget is always in the screen and it is not on the lockscreen, I wish I could get the notifications from the lock screen and on the home screen just show notification as number in the icons, like in some other phones I saw. Is there anyway to do such a thing?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What it sounds like you are looking for is an app such as Go Locker, found in play store for free. Once you download Go Locker, there are several different go locker themes you can choose and download. Each them has similar but also added or different features. I believe the default theme displays message count and missed call count and you can slide the unlock to open directly to your text messaging app, your phone app or directly to your home screen. Other themes add features, such as adding additional apps to unlock directly to, or may have a battery meter on the lock screen. The various themes you can download pretty much gives you whatever features you would really like for your lock screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
+1 for GoLocker, it is a fantastic program. And with the last update they added music control.

View attachment 49777

This has been my favorite them I can find, but there are many more to choose from.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Lol, that is my favorite also. I can do tons with it!

OP
P

Pedrusco

Reaction score
I downloaded the Go Locker and it it amazing, but cant I use it with the default laucher of Razr? I just can use it if I use the Go Laucher?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Pedrusco said:
Thank you for your help, but it not exactly what I am looking for, because this widget is always in the screen and it is not on the lockscreen, I wish I could get the notifications from the lock screen and on the home screen just show notification as number in the icons, like in some other phones I saw. Is there anyway to do such a thing?

Glad it led to your solving your own issue :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I downloaded the Go Locker and it it amazing, but cant I use it with the default laucher of Razr? I just can use it if I use the Go Laucher?

Didn't know that sorry, would have mentioned it in the recommendation. I guess since I use GoLauncher the thought never crossed my mind, course switching to GoLauncher wouldn't be a bad thing. I feel that it is much better than the stock launcher, course that is up to personal preference though.

OP
P

Pedrusco

Reaction score
Didn't know that sorry, would have mentioned it in the recommendation. I guess since I use GoLauncher the thought never crossed my mind, course switching to GoLauncher wouldn't be a bad thing. I feel that it is much better than the stock launcher, course that is up to personal preference though.

I installed the Go launcher and the go locker, and I discovered that it is possible to use the go locker with the default launcher, you just need to have installed the go launcher. The Locker is very nice, but it doesnt have the option to select the silent mode, and I didnt find a default gadget to do that, so now i cant turn off the volume of the phone. Is there anyway to put this switch in the locker or something like that? what do you do to turn off the volume of your phone, since you are using go locker?

Thank you for your help.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am not sure if they have another theme that might add that function. Honestly I don't mess with the volume on my phone much, if I need it silent I just unlock it and use the Beautiful Toggle I have on my home screen for silent mode.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am also sorry. I didn't realize that you also had to have the go launcher installed but good to know you can use the stock launcher with it even though you also have to install go launcher.

You may be able to find a theme that has a volume feature. In settings you are supposed to be able to select that the volume rocker works when locked but I haven't been able to get that feature to work on my Razr. There are also themes that let you customize which apps you can directly unlock to. Let us know if you have success. Thanks!

hunter301

Reaction score
+1 for GoLocker, it is a fantastic program. And with the last update they added music control.

View attachment 49777

This has been my favorite them I can find, but there are many more to choose from.

Well this was a bust. I downloaded both Go Locker and Go Launcher and all I got was a few transparent widgets and most of my home screen widgets gone.:icon_evil:

hunter301

Reaction score
Well this was a bust. I downloaded both Go Locker and Go Launcher and all I got was a few transparent widgets and most of my home screen widgets gone.:icon_evil:
This program totally sucks. Can't shut it off or go back to were I was before I loaded it. My home screen sucks, lost all my shortcut widgets, and I can't even show the main reason I loaded the program. To use it as a missed message and missed call home screen. Were is this? I can't even find it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Your home screen Widgets and apparently are still there but they are on your stock launcher. If you press the home button, you may get a pop - up to choose which launcher you prefer. If not, you will either have to clear the default in the go launcher application settings ( go to settings, then applications, go launcher and select clear default) or Depending on the phone you have you will have to download a home switcher app from play store.