Misplaced DINC???

Gatsby

Reaction score
If you misplace your DINC, how can it be returned? Where do you put your contact info? There's got to be a better way than Scotch Taping your business card to the back of the phone?????????

Does anyone know of a way to put personal contact information on the start screen? Or is there an AP that shows a screen BEFORE the security pattern?

Gatsby
:unsure:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I prefer things like WaveSecure, Mobile Defense, and iTag to anything like that. I dont have enough faith in humanity to actually contact me, and would rather be proactive about finding my phone.

atthehop

Reaction score
I installed the app Where's My Droid? in case I forget it somewhere which has never happened in all my years of carring a cell.

gszeman

Reaction score
Duct tape works better than scotch tape.

Lookout, free in the Market, has a locate function.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nightfishing

Reaction score
Favorite post title of all time (LOL).

I always had contact info on the lockscreen of my BB, which I believe can be done in the Inc with a couple of different apps in the market.

If you are the type that is inclined to leaving it somewhere, I would stick to a phone number/business card on the case somewhere. (those mini "green" cards would fit it quite well. (and you could use something like Phantom Skins to laminate it.

I honestly can't imagine ever losing my cell phone, so none of the more elaborate sw based methods ever interested me.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Maybe you could fit a business card in between the back and the battery?

davisa

Reaction score
if someone found youre phone and really wanted to return it to the rightful owner, wouldnt they just call the few last numbers dialed and ask "whos phone is this? id like to return it". the chances of that happening are slim to none.

INTREPID-NY

Reaction score
I use Contact Owner: Contact Owner for Android
It's the only app of it's kind that works with the Incredible on the Lock Screen. However, there is a bug with Android 2.1. It only displays the contact number not the contact name in the selection list. You have to go through all your contacts one by one to find the contact you want (your contact card). This can take 10 minutes or more depending on how many contacts you have and your luck. But it only has to be done once. It's a great app and works well once setup.

Last edited: