ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
3 weeks ago we had -25 to -30 air temps here in the great, white north

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
I don't care what anyone says....you just don't ever get used to that cold. I have been in cold weather my whole life. And I still hate it. :)
I get what you're saying. I think we get used to the cold during the winter and then forget about it every summer.

+1
That's exactly it!

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I'm in Missouri and have 16 inches of snow with snow drift upwards of four feet. No snow plows come out this way, so my family and I are going to have to dig our way out to the main road which is about 20 yards away. My snowblower will be working overtime

good luck :( be safe! that sounds insanely annoying.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Didn't get nearly as much as expected here just south of Syracuse,NY. Just 4" or so. Doesn't matter much to me anymore since my winter is over. Broke my hip and femur 3 weeks ago. No more snowmobiling this year for me.

Oh crap.....I guess I'll stop complaining. ;)
You doin ok now?

ViolentSage

Reaction score
I'm in Missouri and have 16 inches of snow with snow drift upwards of four feet. No snow plows come out this way, so my family and I are going to have to dig our way out to the main road which is about 20 yards away. My snowblower will be working overtime
Bundle up, man. Frost bite sucks.

OP
ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

good luck :( be safe! that sounds insanely annoying.

YEah, no doubt. Be safe..

OP
ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I feel for those people in Texas and Oklahoma too. The got to be the guinnea pig for the start of the storm while the rest of us watched! At least they gave us an idea of what was coming....

ViolentSage

Reaction score
I can't imagine a driving ban. I've driven through some snow. So long as you've got 4wd and good tires you should be ok. I do drive a jeep, though.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Didn't get nearly as much as expected here just south of Syracuse,NY. Just 4" or so. Doesn't matter much to me anymore since my winter is over. Broke my hip and femur 3 weeks ago. No more snowmobiling this year for me.

I'm not sure where in NY but my buddy says he didn't even get snow yet, his car was in a shell of ice though. and I'm sorry to hear about that, hope you feel better soon >.>.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I can't imagine a driving ban. I've driven through some snow. So long as you've got 4wd and good tires you should be ok. I do drive a jeep, though.

I heard snow plows were getting stuck in the snow here, I'm not sure if four wheel drive would be enough :(.

D

dankarlinski

I'm in peoria, I'll. We have a few plows stuch that I have seen. The snow is over my knees.... we got about 20 inches

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Currently at freezing in Central PA. Sun is trying to break through the clouds. Earlier this morning, we had sleet, snow, and freezing rain.

We are not nearly as bad as some others.

Mike

ViolentSage

Reaction score

I heard snow plows were getting stuck in the snow here, I'm not sure if four wheel drive would be enough :(.

Hey, I haven't met a drift I couldn't tackle yet! Though if its taller than the hood on the road I probably couldn't get out of the garage.

OP
ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm in peoria, I'll. We have a few plows stuch that I have seen. The snow is over my knees.... we got about 20 inches

Yeah plows are def getting stuck. watching wgn and they are talking about that. You guys took a beating down there too.

OP
ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Currently at freezing in Central PA. Sun is trying to break through the clouds. Earlier this morning, we had sleet, snow, and freezing rain.

We are not nearly as bad as some others.

Mike

Yeah but I would rather have 10ft drifts than 1/4 inch of ice! I was watching the reports from PA and CT about the ice. I feel for ya cuz at least I can see the snow.

ViolentSage

Reaction score

Yeah plows are def getting stuck. watching wgn and they are talking about that. You guys took a beating down there too.
Downtown chicago must be dead silent. You could go on a run, naked, through downtown and not be seen.