Microsoft is Acquiring LinkedIn for $26.2 billion

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
microsoft-linkedin.jpg

Here's a play from out of left field that comes as a surprise. Microsoft is acquiring LinkedIn for $26.2 Billion USD. Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella believes that LinkedIn is a prefect for Microsoft, and we can see his point. Microsoft has been focusing on the enterprise market more and more lately, and LinkedIn is the dominate social media website for remaining professionally connected.

Microsoft has promised to give LinkedIn the room to keep running independently. They will even keep the company CEO, Jeff Weiner, in place. Furthermore, Microsoft intends to integrate the LinkedIn network into its other services and apps. This includes Office, Skype and Cortana.

This is a brilliant way for Microsoft to push into the social networking industry in a more impactful way than they have been able to previously. The company plans to finish the acquisition before the close of 2016. What do you think?

Check out the video below with Weiner and Nadella discussing the buyout.

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
This doesn't make any sense to me. LinkedIn isn't a social media. It's for networking. I suppose you could call it social media but you don't go on there and post what you ate for dinner or when your last bowel movement was like you do on facebook.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm tempted to nuke mine. you should see the spam I get for having the job title "Aspiring adult entertainer".

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I'm tempted to nuke mine. you should see the spam I get for having the job title "Aspiring adult entertainer".
Yeah I'm tempted to get rid of mine now as well. Knowing Microsoft they'll make you have to access it via Spartan, or whatever that new browser of theirs is called.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't realize that was you..
This doesn't make any sense to me. LinkedIn isn't a social media. It's for networking. I suppose you could call it social media but you don't go on there and post what you ate for dinner or when your last bowel movement was like you do on facebook.
We're supposed to post those on FB? Wow, I've got something new to do now ;)
All this time I thought it was to catch up with friends from the past...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Sorry I didn't realize that was you..

We're supposed to post those on FB? Wow, I've got something new to do now ;)
All this time I thought it was to catch up with friends from the past...
Where have you been?

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Chatting with old friends on FB, didn't know I had to share dinner etc too.

LinkedIn really isn't much on the same level of FB, I've congratulated friends on years on the job and verified background, but if it remains a pay for more site, I'll keep it as it is or drop.

Now to get back to the foodie/doodie FB fun. ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've congratulated friends on years on the job and verified background, but if it remains a pay for more site, I'll keep it as it is or drop.

Ehh, I've found the free service helpful at times.

The premium service is a waste. Lets you see a few more people who viewed you, but that didn't have any value for me. The in-messages you can send are also a waste as most people don't pay attention to those (they usually end-up in the spam box of a little used email address).

But for job-hunting and professional networking it's head-and-shoulders above nearly every other site out there.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
(PLAYING Taps...)

Let's all bow our heads..... LinkedIn is now deceased and Microsoft will bury it as it has done a many company.

LinkedIn will now go the way of most Microsoft acquisitions......

I'm watchful and we'll see if I keep my account.