Stephen Elop is Being Booted From Microsoft

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 17, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Stephen Elop, former CEO of Nokia, and current head of Microsoft's Devices and Services division will be leaving Microsoft. Apparently it was simply time to go for the man who helped create the perfect conditions for Microsoft to acquire Nokia's hardware division.

Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella has been doing some top-level restructuring at Microsoft to help get the company focused on its new vision and direction. It appears that Elop was a victim of this "restructuring."

In a Microsoft email that was shared on Microsoft's blog, Nadella had this to say,

It looks like Elop will not be immediately getting the boot, but will instead leave after an undisclosed "designated transition period." This departure will likely add more fuel to the fire of the conspiracy theories suggesting Elop deliberately sunk Nokia's stock in order to make them prime for a Microsoft buyout. What do you think?

Source: Microsoft News

2. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    "Look forward to seeing where his next destination is" aka "looking forward to who he tanks next so we can assimilate them too"
    Whoever hires him could be guilty of not paying heed to "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"
    Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,379
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I believe in second chances, but, if that's really their strategy, I doubt it'll last long.