Microsoft Created an App that Helps You Find Other Microsoft Apps on Android: Called Microsoft Apps

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
microsoft-apps-app.png

This seems a bit redundant, but potentially pretty useful. Microsoft created an app called Microsoft Apps. Its soul purpose is to help users find other Microsoft Apps on Android.

It turns out that Microsoft is either directly or indirectly involved in quite a bit of Android app development. There are over 80 apps on Android that fall under the umbrella of Microsoft. The Microsoft Apps app is basically designed to be the hub within the hub (the Google Play Store) that helps you find other Microsoft apps.

It even includes apps like Wunderlist and Sunrise Calendar which are not direct Microsoft created products, but were actually just acquisitions by the Redmond company. The filtering for the app isn't overly complicated. It includes the tabs: Popular and Categories.

If you want to check it out, here;s the Play Store link: Microsoft Apps - Android Apps on Google Play

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Mark my words: The beginning of the Microsoft App Store for Android. ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have no issue with this. If htey produce quality apps with an actual use, more power to them.

So true.

I will admit that for me many of those apps are a little too late. A few years ago I was begging for Microsoft Office apps. But now that Google docs have made it easier to interchange things I do not feel like it is needed now (at least for me).

With that said, there are many of us who use different arrays of devices, i.e Android phone, Apple tablet, Microsoft desktop/laptop. Myself I use an android phone, macbook, and chromebook, but I am eying the Surface 3 or 4 but am waiting for the price to drop. A person who has a Window's computer or tablet may actually prefer their office apps over Google's.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
*sole purpose

All grammar Nazi aside, I don't really see a use for this. If I wanted Microsoft apps for my phone...I'd get a Windows phone. :p

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
In your specific case, maybe. Surely you see a use for this for others?
It's the best of both worlds, for me. I can live in Android's world and only dabble in MS's when I need to.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Here's my problem with it, are you downloading these apps direct from MS, or from Google Play? Because all of the apps that MS offers on Google Play can be found with a simple search...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm sure it's through Play. I just wonder if this might lead to something like Amazon's App Store. MS making an App Store that has other apps in it too, as a way to monetize Android.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm sure it's through Play. I just wonder if this might lead to something like Amazon's App Store. MS making an App Store that has other apps in it too, as a way to monetize Android.
I hope not. Ugh. I've been slowly re-buying apps on the Play Store that I had originally bought or gotten for free through Amazon since I got the 6P. I'm done putting that extra store on my device for just a few handy/fun apps.