Microsoft Apps Will Now Show Up on Android Devices from 74 Companies

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
microsoft-android.jpg

The most striking thing about the headline isn't that Microsoft Apps are now showing up in more Android devices, it's that there are 74 different companies making Android devices! Regardless, It's obvious that Microsoft has worked out deals with even more Android OEMs to include Microsoft apps pre-installed from the factory.

Last year Microsoft could account for 31 different Android development companies which include apps like Skype, OneDrive and/or Office with their devices. This year that number rises to 74, and includes newcomers like Acer, along with other notable big names like LG, Sony and Samsung.

It's worth noting that the Android OEMs aren't all including these apps out of "kindness," nor is it simply because Microsoft negotiated good deals with them to make it happen. Many of these OEMs (especially the smaller ones) are basically forced to include these apps so that they can avoid patent litigation from Microsoft, since Microsoft happens to own several Android-related patents.

At least you can't fault Microsoft for finding a solution other than suing the crap out of everyone...

Source: Engadget

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Give us the option to remove them if we don't want them. I don't like OneDrive but can't remove it. Word and Excel are fine, I use those.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Give us the option to remove them if we don't want them. I don't like OneDrive but can't remove it. Word and Excel are fine, I use those.
I have a batch file that removes onedrive. Want it?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Nah, its disabled at the moment and my G4 has an SD slot so I have more than enough storage. If I was still on my Note 5 where I was down to a few gigs free, I would.