Microsoft Convinced Asus to Include Office on Their Android Phones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-zenfone-5-smartphone-android.jpg

According to the latest info, Asus will now start including Microsoft Office on their Android phones. Here's a quote with some of the details,

ASUS will install Office apps and other "innovative product solutions" from Microsoft on its Android phones thanks to a new patent licensing deal. The arrangement builds on an existing, private deal over Android phones between the two companies, according to ZDNet. Despite holding most of the patent cards, Microsoft magnanimously said the pact "opens the door to the kind of collaboration between Microsoft and ASUS made possible only through mutual respect and alignment on intellectual property." ASUS joins Samsung, LG, Sony and 20 or so other manufacturers that signed deals with Microsoft to bundle Office apps on Android devices.

It looks like a wide assortment of OEMs plan to bundle Microsoft Office with their devices. What do you think if Microsoft's bold move to get Office on as many devices as possible?

Source: Engadget

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why can't it be a link that opens the play store and downloads Office instead of taking up memory!?

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I really like the office apps but they are very large. I would not mind unless like so many other preinstalled apps if they can not be removed there had better be a huge amount of internal memory! On my tablet Excel can be moved to the SD card but still keeps about 140mb in internal memory. The others are similar. Like computers, tablets and phone apps will expand to fill the available memory.