Mic good, mic bad?

witness24601

Reaction score
Got my droid a couple of months ago and love it. At first, the voice search (mic button next to the google search bar) worked like a champ and pulled up not only contacts, but suggestions for the internet.
I noticed last week, however, when trying to call someone up by saying "call John Doe Mobile" that it went directly to internet, and didn't produce anything that even closely resembled what I said. I tried repeatedly, talking slower, in quieter atmosphere, and got the same.
Wondering if anyone else has started good, and then noticed significant problems with the voice activated apps that are stock?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got my droid a couple of months ago and love it. At first, the voice search (mic button next to the google search bar) worked like a champ and pulled up not only contacts, but suggestions for the internet.
I noticed last week, however, when trying to call someone up by saying "call John Doe Mobile" that it went directly to internet, and didn't produce anything that even closely resembled what I said. I tried repeatedly, talking slower, in quieter atmosphere, and got the same.
Wondering if anyone else has started good, and then noticed significant problems with the voice activated apps that are stock?

When's the last time you reset your phone? If it's been a while give that a shot. I've had mine since late November and I have no issues and call the way you describe all the time.