Mic not working in car dock or in speaker mode

f1snob

Reaction score
I searched but apparently am not a search expert.

When I put my Droid X in the car dock or try to use the speaker function for calls, no body can hear me. I can hear them fine, but the mic is not working. I have used voice activation for a couple things so I know the mic works in other modes.

Is there a setting I need to change or something?

Thanks.

nessa23

Reaction score
No speaker function on Droid X car dock either

I searched but apparently am not a search expert.

When I put my Droid X in the car dock or try to use the speaker function for calls, no body can hear me. I can hear them fine, but the mic is not working. I have used voice activation for a couple things so I know the mic works in other modes.

Is there a setting I need to change or something?

Thanks.

I am having the same problem and it just started out of the blue about 6 months ago. I was using it fine in the car dock with the aux cord plugged into stereo for over a year and then, poof! gone. Don't know what happened either. If you find the answer, let me know. I've tried everything. I turned of voice privacy in the phone settings. I uninstalled all music players except google music. I cleaned out old apps I wasn't using. I deleted old junk filed from my SD card. Nothing has worked.

OP
F

f1snob

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and it just started out of the blue about 6 months ago. I was using it fine in the car dock with the aux cord plugged into stereo for over a year and then, poof! gone. Don't know what happened either. If you find the answer, let me know. I've tried everything. I turned of voice privacy in the phone settings. I uninstalled all music players except google music. I cleaned out old apps I wasn't using. I deleted old junk filed from my SD card. Nothing has worked.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I guess it's just you and I with this problem. Funny thing too is that if I use the phone's head-set-jack in the car to listen to Pandora or music on the phone, it works fine. But I don't always drive around with that on. I have SAT radio and an ipod hooked up in the car too and I usually have one of those going. It's a pain to have to switch just because a call comes it. I could get another blue-tooth thingy, but I feel I've grown out those.

The other issue I have is the lights on the bottom buttons. In a lighted room if I hold a finger over the light sensor they light right up. In a dark room when I need them, though, they don't light up for anything.

I should say I am always a generation behind on phones. My wife just got a new bionic so I get the old phone. It's worked this way for years. My Droid X is a few years old, but she says she never had these problems. I am tech savy, just not with phones. I want to root the thing but find differing opinions whether you can root the Droid X with 2.3.3. Furthermore, I don't know what sandwich or boot strap it has. Is it BLT or ice cream sandwich, hiking boot or baby boot. No where does it say.

I'm a few weeks away from an upgrade. I just can't imagine paying for a phone (never have had to) and the thought of $200+ is obscene to me (yes I can afford it). But i like the feel of the razor and just may break down and do it. I think there's a new razor coming out so perhaps I can get the old one on clearance.

dukenilnil

Reaction score
Same issue

My microphone works fine in normal call mode, but if I turn on the speakerphone or use an app that turns on the speakerphone, the mic cuts out. Any solutions?

OP
F

f1snob

Reaction score
I got a new Razr in April. That was my solution. My daughter has the Droid X and uses a blutooth headset so it's not an issue for her.