MetaMorph themes for swype

jerroedr

Reaction score
what all can i do with root explorer? ive managed to do everything (so far) with out it or terminal. I guess im a noob again lol!

foxdog

Reaction score
Its a hardcore file explorer, fast, effective and you can do whatever... purity much everywhere (it allows you to browse/change system files) its like astro but with root privileges. I dont know if thats a good description but i haven't used any other file explorer sence i got root explorer

jerroedr

Reaction score
ok i got it. and now im hung up on step 7. where is this folder i put the swype black and green file

got that step...hold tight

Last edited:

foxdog

Reaction score
Metamorph makes and uses a folder called Androidthemes you put it in that. If you haven't used metamorph and don't have the folder you can just mske it your self

jerroedr

Reaction score
all i have is a regular swype keyboard. did i need to rename anything? dont know where it went wrong

woooo! i got it and its sick with the york theme im running!

Last edited:

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
I restored my phone to one of my backups because I tried some things that didn't work. Anyways, I can't rename files in /system/apps directory, or anything in / for that matter. I still always get asked about supper user permissions. So did I loose my root permissions? The only way I kno to check other than try to move or rename something was by the terminal showing a # sign instead of a $ sign. Right now I see a $ sign. So again did I loose root?

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Might as well throw out there. whats the easiest way to go back to stock?

drpaul07

Reaction score
Might as well throw out there. whats the easiest way to go back to stock?

You mean going back to the stock swype keyboard? Well, if signed up for the swype beta, and acquired swype that way, then you have the swype installer app in your app drawer. So you would just delete the swype.apk from /system and then open swype installer to install the stock swype into your /data folder. If you just downloaded swype somewhere, i guess you can do pretty much the same thing: just delete the themed swype you got, and then reinstall the stock one.

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Reinstall the stock one by what, just deleting others and re making the s in swype.apk a S and then rebooting?

drpaul07

Reaction score
oh i'm sorry i forgot, droid x comes with swype right? ok so i guess disregard what my previous post says lol. Hmm..i'm not sure then.

If you had not yet themed it, i would have said to copy the swype.apk and paste it into your sd card folder so that way if you wanted to revert back to the stock swype, you could have taken the apk from the sd folder and moved it back to your /system folder, rebooted the phone, and then had the stock swype again.

Otherwise, i'm not too sure. I'm sure there is a way. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i will whip up a stock MM for those who want to go back to stock,i never thought about it,lol but it will be a few days as im pretty occupied right now with the miui rom thats floating around.