Menu and Search buttons don't work, can't boot

k22

Reaction score
Yeah so, I went to SBF back to 2.1 and OTA since I haven't been able to use the Menu and Search buttons since using the update.zip leaked Gingerbread. Now the phone won't boot past the red 'M'. I can boot into the exclamation point next to the android guy, but I can't press my Search button. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the phone back, I don't need anything on the SD card or phone itself. I obviously can't take it to Verizon though.

Thanks, and sorry if this is in the wrong place/already answered.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you sbf'd back to 2.3.340 from gingerbread then when you are in the recovery screen and see the android guy and the /!\ you might want to try pressing both volume buttons to see if that will get you in to recovery and do a data wipe. i may be totally off base but i think that's what stage of the sbf you were at right?

OP
k22

k22

Reaction score
if you sbf'd back to 2.3.340 from gingerbread then when you are in the recovery screen and see the android guy and the /!\ you might want to try pressing both volume buttons to see if that will get you in to recovery and do a data wipe. i may be totally off base but i think that's what stage of the sbf you were at right?

Sorry, I think I got my terminology wrong. I used a SBF file in RDSLite (is that what it's called?) and when it went to reboot...well, here we are. I apparently killed the battery waiting for it to boot later. So you want me to boot into the /!\ android thing and press the volume buttons?

OP
k22

k22

Reaction score
Volume buttons didn't do anything. Search button still doesn't work.

OP
k22

k22

Reaction score
Update. I used a SBF that apparently screwed me over. I boot straight into the bootloader now, no recovery.

The Situation: I was on OTA root. I then used a leaked gingerbread update.zip and updated. I want to revert back to whatever version can get me back on OTA. I attempted to, and am now locked at the bootloader.

Code:
Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer mode:
USB

I'm desperate for help at this point. I'd even be willing to pay for help.

Last edited: