MAXX Locked Up

Telescopist

Reaction score
Just now while I have been perusing this forum, I notice that my icons and widgets were missing on the home screen. I tried swiping the screen, pressing the screen - anything to get something to happen but it appears that the phone is locked up. Not all activity has ceased. I have the cool window backdrop with the grass undulating in a breeze. The phone is charging and the clock is working. If I attempt to restart the phone, nothing happens. The phone does not reboot - unless...I unplug the mini usb from the phone then replug back in. Then I am back to the home screen but that is it. Oh, and I have lost the lights that illuminate the tabs at the very bottom of the phone. Any suggestions about how to deal with this would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Every now and then little annoying bugs like this can pop up. When you say you try to restart, are you referring to pushing the power button and selecting it from the menu? If that is what you mean, then do a hard test. Hold the power button and volume down button at the same time until the phone turns off, then let go and phone will boot back up. This is the equivalent to a battery pull.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
Telescopist

Telescopist

Reaction score
Every now and then little annoying bugs like this can pop up. When you say you try to restart, are you referring to pushing the power button and selecting it from the menu? If that is what you mean, then do a hard test. Hold the power button and volume down button at the same time until the phone turns off, then let go and phone will boot back up. This is the equivalent to a battery pull.

Uh. If you are ever near Lancaster, PA look me up and I will take you out to lunch. Worked perfectly. This is the 3rd time my phone has locked up in the 3 or so weeks since I purchased it. I hope it doesn't happen sometime while I have the Navigator on in downtown Pittsburgh trying to figure out which river to cross in order to get to my motel. :blink:
Thanks.

Reaction score
Uh. If you are ever near Lancaster, PA look me up and I will take you out to lunch. Worked perfectly. This is the 3rd time my phone has locked up in the 3 or so weeks since I purchased it. I hope it doesn't happen sometime while I have the Navigator on in downtown Pittsburgh trying to figure out which river to cross in order to get to my motel. :blink:
Thanks.

Not a problem. Hmmm...that lunch offer legit? I am in Lancaster pretty often. Lol.

I live in Harrisburg but my kids' mom lives in Lancaster. Small world.

OP
Telescopist

Telescopist

Reaction score
Not a problem. Hmmm...that lunch offer legit? I am in Lancaster pretty often. Lol.

I live in Harrisburg but my kids' mom lives in Lancaster. Small world.

Sure. Just ping me off list.