Is anyone's lock screens no longer working?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by minmongoblin, Oct 8, 2010.

1. minmongoblin

minmongoblin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Neither my puzzle-lock nor my pattern-lock screens are appearing anymore. I have restarted the phone twice, and it initially has a lock screen, but when I swipe and the phone "wakes up", if I hit the power key again to turn off the screen, then turn it back on, the homescreens are there and available.

I don't have any apps like No Lock that keep the lock screen away when activated. Anyone else have this problem?

2. jrl9851

jrl9851 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny you bring this up. I don't have a serious problem, but twice today I pushed the awake button and it just showed my home screen and then the lock screen popped up about 3 seconds later. Never happened before. Seems to be fine now though.

3. minmongoblin

minmongoblin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, mine never comes up. It's as if I had already unlocked the screen and the full functionality is there to use. But did your issue also start today, like mine? That's so bizarre...

4. jrl9851

jrl9851 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yep. I've had my fascinate for almost a month and today is the first time it's ever happened.

EDIT: It's normal to just go to the homescreen if you awake the phone quickly after it sleeps. But I had my phone sleep for about 30 minutes and it happened when I awoke it.

5. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does your phone have a time of to turn on the lock?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. minmongoblin

minmongoblin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never heard of such a thing, so I don't think so...unless you mean the screen-on time, because that's set for a minute but I'm in the habit of turning off my screen manually. Until now, if I turned the screen back on, the lock would be engaged for me to unlock. Not anymore.

7. minmongoblin

minmongoblin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welp, found the problem.

I HAD installed No Lock when I first got the phone, but it was buggy so I set it to "Lock" then hid the icon. I don't know what made it turn on (and work! it never wanted to work before, haha), especially on fresh startups, but that was the culprit. A quick uninstall and the phone is back to normal. That was weird...

8. jrl9851

jrl9851 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting lol...

Search tags for this page

droid x2 no longer starts with swipe screen