Is anyone's lock screens no longer working?

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Neither my puzzle-lock nor my pattern-lock screens are appearing anymore. I have restarted the phone twice, and it initially has a lock screen, but when I swipe and the phone "wakes up", if I hit the power key again to turn off the screen, then turn it back on, the homescreens are there and available.

I don't have any apps like No Lock that keep the lock screen away when activated. Anyone else have this problem?

jrl9851

Reaction score
Funny you bring this up. I don't have a serious problem, but twice today I pushed the awake button and it just showed my home screen and then the lock screen popped up about 3 seconds later. Never happened before. Seems to be fine now though.

OP
M

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Yeah, mine never comes up. It's as if I had already unlocked the screen and the full functionality is there to use. But did your issue also start today, like mine? That's so bizarre...

jrl9851

Reaction score
Yeah, mine never comes up. It's as if I had already unlocked the screen and the full functionality is there to use. But did your issue also start today, like mine? That's so bizarre...

Yep. I've had my fascinate for almost a month and today is the first time it's ever happened.

EDIT: It's normal to just go to the homescreen if you awake the phone quickly after it sleeps. But I had my phone sleep for about 30 minutes and it happened when I awoke it.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Does your phone have a time of to turn on the lock?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Does your phone have a time of to turn on the lock?

I've never heard of such a thing, so I don't think so...unless you mean the screen-on time, because that's set for a minute but I'm in the habit of turning off my screen manually. Until now, if I turned the screen back on, the lock would be engaged for me to unlock. Not anymore.

OP
M

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Welp, found the problem.

I HAD installed No Lock when I first got the phone, but it was buggy so I set it to "Lock" then hid the icon. I don't know what made it turn on (and work! it never wanted to work before, haha), especially on fresh startups, but that was the culprit. A quick uninstall and the phone is back to normal. That was weird...