MOTOROLA RAZR SCREEN KEEPS GOING BLACK? I HAVE TO HOLD ON/OFF BUTTON DOWN To UNLOCK

Reaction score
I have a barely used and never abused RAZR which is driving me crazy. The screen just blanks out, phone is not off, it simply locks up once screen goes off after use. I tried to reboot, eliminated some apps, but no change, and it is getting worse. I have to hold down on/off button for 60 seconds to get it to turn off and then I can turn back on and it will work, but only if screen stays on as in using it. As soon as screen goes black, it locks up. Still hear calls coming in and green call indicator works, bottom buttons will stay lite, but no screen or operation. Seemed to happen after one of those many app updates, so it sounds like software problem more than phone issue, anyone have similar problems with screen going black? Thanks.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks, but is this something I can do, or does Motorola have to do it?

newbroot83

Reaction score
Thanks, but is this something I can do, or does Motorola have to do it?

You can do it on your own. Shut the phone off. Once it is completely off, hold volume up and down. While holding volume up and down hold the power button. You should see and android with something on its belly. Hit volume up and down together. Now youll see blue writing. About 4th one down should sat factory reset/wipe cache. Use volume down to highlight this option. Hit the power button. Once it finishes select reboot system now and hit the power button

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks a million, will keep my fingers crossed while doing it. lol

newbroot83

Reaction score
Ahh youll do fine. Its harder to hurt these things than youd think

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2