Martian Notifier hybrid smartwatch on DEEP Discount!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That doesn't surprise me at all. Their "proprietary" cable is a micro USB. It's just extra long to get it all the way into the watch.

Are you wearing both watches at the same time? I thought about doing so, but I just don't know if I can commit to doing that all day long. One watch and my wedding band are enough jewelry for me during the day.

I find myself still taking the Martian off shortly after work like I've been doing with my Urbane as well, but strapping it on and firing it up this morning with 70% battery knowing I'm nowhere near needing to charge it is nice.

However, there's definitely a learning curve coming from AW. As someone pointed out, the buttons do different things depending on the app that's notifying you. I do like that it shows you which button will do what, but I wish it was a bit more uniform so I know I'm not deleting something that I just want to dismiss.

With AW, swiping away just dismisses and swiping to the other direction gives you more options. I'm definitely missing some of the voice controls and the ability to send a quick response to a text via voice from the watch.

I do like the idea that, if the smart watch portion's battery dies, I've still got a functional watch though.

I can't say for sure that this will replace AW, but I definitely agree with what many of us have already said. For the price and for someone just starting to get interested in the idea of some sort of smart watch, this is a great deal.
Yes and no on wearing them at the same time. I've been doing it in spots here and there but not all day. Anything bigger than my Troops Support rubber bracelet on my right arm is a injury magnet and both on my left arm is just plain uncomfortable. The Fit and Notifier or S and Fit isn't bad but the ginormous S and a for real watch not so much. For over a decade I wore nothing for telling time but since getting my Gear Fit back in 2014 I wear a device most of the time now. If I'd never gotten the S I'd probably take off whatever device I'm wearing at the end of the work day and be fine without it on the weekend unless using for tracking (the Fit) but the S is so integral in many activities I do from wake to bed time I feel like I lost my wallet or truck keys when I don't have it on. I pretty much ignore the notifications on it now and I've found myself already gravitating in that direction with the Notifier. I'll look at text senders when away from home in case it's my wife, child, whoever important it might be but if it ain't from them I just ignore until later. A fishing buddy of mine is down in the Florida Keys for the winter and I was digging the vehicles out of snowmageddon last week he was texting about his glorious time, complete with the weird looking fish he was catching and I didn't reply to any of them for a couple of days. While he was tanning I was digging my truck out from a third pass of a snow plow that had buried my truck for the 4th time so I didn't think my replies would have truly conveyed how happy I was that he was having such a marvelous time . Had I had the Notifier on I wouldn't have gotten his texts on it as I was well out of range of my phone Friday evening, all day Saturday, most of Sunday and a few hours into Monday as I shoveled snow so perhaps it would've been better to have been in ignorant bliss of his texts. There ya go. Another benefit of the Notifier ; limited Bluetooth range when digging snow and your buddy is letting you know how great it's going in the sub tropics .

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It's not huge so it won't scream "dude wannabe" when worn the fairer gender

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Couldn't help but LMBO with that! But it was one question I did have as I don't need a huge watch nor do I want to be a "dude wannabe", lol! I may just go for it...even if I do owe $600 in taxes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Haven't worn a watch in years, this is taking some getting used to. The band is kinda irritating muy wrist. Can it be replaced with a regular band?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn a watch in years, this is taking some getting used to. The band is kinda irritating muy wrist. Can it be replaced with a regular band?
Yes it can. I've got a watch band removal and pin removal tool I got on Amazon for about $5 but back in the days before Amazon and my eyesight didn't stuck I used to use a very small flathead screwdriver to change and adjust bands
Yes it can. I've got a watch band removal and pin removal tool I got on Amazon for about $5 but back in the days before Amazon and my eyesight didn't stuck I used to use a very small flathead screwdriver to change and adjust bands. On this one it's even easier. Just slide the little bar and it opens the pin. Remove the band, pull out the pin and put it into the new band then replace and pop the pin back in. No tools or magnifying glasses needed.
9c0310ea15abdafd6b1b1945ddacc217.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm...I may have to strip the leather band off of my old G Watch that's just sitting around and try that on the Notifier. At least I'd get some use out of the band.

I don't mind the rubber band that the Notifier came with, but I'm used to the leather band on my Urbane, which is very similar to the one I put on the G Watch before upgrading, so I might like the Notifier even more with a leather band...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok. The alarm.
I set up a 2pm alarm last week to match the one on my S and my phone. All 3 went off at the same time. The vibration set to 15 on the Notifier was just wow strong ,I guess because it was steady and went longer than a couple of seconds. The only bugaboo is it seems to initiate from the phone because when out of Bluetooth range yesterday it didn't go off at all. When in range today @2pm it worked fine. I guess that makes sense since it was set in the app itself and not standalone like my Gear devices or y'alls AW ones. Not a complaint, just an observation and there might be something I'm doing wrong to keep it from being a standalone alarm watch.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

k1601

Reaction score
Another update for those who might be curious.
I got mine Saturday, and charged it enough to play with. At that point I was slightly worried about battery as I went from 80 down to 30% in a few hours. I charged it completely over night last night, and 5 hours of use later I'm at 96% . I see no issues with battery.
Once you figure out what the buttons do, and what tapping does, it does everything I need from a smart watch. The only additional functionality that would be awesome is music control, nice but not a big deal.
I did order a steel band for it, this silicone band is a dirt and dust magnet.
The watch itself is actually smaller then the gshock I wear at work, so no problems on size for me. Overall I think it looks nice, and really wish other watch makers put this functionality in. (I'm looking at you Citizen!)
Final thoughts: worth 36 dollars to me for sure, good idea in a nice package.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had to manually change the Notifier watch part today for DST. Haven't done that to a watch in over a decade
How quaint. :)

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Funny you mention that. I almost synced mine up to my 6P. Haven't used it since the 6P was out for repairs and I was using the S3 for a spare.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I am going to give mine away. I'll be doing that soon on this very site.
I just see both watches on my night stand in the morning and I simply see no reason to choose the Martian over the Moto.