Market Update

KP0615

Reaction score
Im not sure if its a update or what. But my market looks completly different.. I have friends and co workers who have the droid x as well and noone else has done this.. is it an option or update?

Jordan8

Reaction score
Im not sure if its a update or what. But my market looks completly different.. I have friends and co workers who have the droid x as well and noone else has done this.. is it an option or update?

It's been rolling out to phones for a couple weeks now. They can download the .apk if they don't want to wait for the update.

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
u can stop it...use titanium backup pro to freeze the market updater, and then uninstall market updates in settings/manage all apps
try a themed market for that personal touch, lots of colors and versions out there, ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Mine is still on the "old" market...I haven't gotten the new market yet. I work on an IT Support desk and we have an on-call phone, an HTC Inspire. The last time I had the phone for my on-call rotation, the market got updated on that. I'm not crazy about the look of the new market either.

kevinkar

Reaction score
I posted about this a couple days ago and hate it. It looks too much like the Windows Phone OS and makes me think the Android Market feels like they need to compete by looking like the competition which is silly. You don't buy a Camaro because it looks like a Mustang.

That plus the ads at the top and bottom are just way too big. They really increased the size of them probably because they weren't getting enough click-throughs on them and are forcing the issue. I guess they need to make a buck and this is their way of trying to make more.

shochman

Reaction score
I got the new market app yesterday. When I click on My Apps in the menu, I only see apps that I have purchased. How can I see all of my free apps, and which ones, require updating? The Market help site is not helpful.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I should've kept my mouth shut. LOL. The evening after I made my previous post, I got the update.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums