Market Comment Question

Reaction score
How do I make my name appear when posting a comment in the market about an app? Currently it only displays "Anonymous."

I do not currently have a market account set up because so far I've only been using free apps. Does this have something to do with it?

Thanks.

harrellj

Reaction score
How do you not have a market account? The lack of one is what is making your comment be anonymous though.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! Sorry to hear that your app piracy is causing your name not to appear in the comments section.

How do you not have a market account? The lack of one is what is making your comment be anonymous though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anybody know how to change your name or where it got set up? It displays my real name and I like to be able to hide behind by internet psudonym.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Spaz that is a good question, I am sure it has something to do with Google Checkout -

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hahaha!!!

Anybody know how to change your name or where it got set up? It displays my real name and I like to be able to hide behind by internet psudonym.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Spaz that is a good question, I am sure it has something to do with Google Checkout -

That's what I was thinking, it kind of freaked me out the first time I commented on an app and it knew my name without asking.

Oh and droid does you may laugh now but we'll see what its like when google goes all skynet on all of our butts and I am safe because it only knows me as spaz33g lol

OP
A
Reaction score
+1! Sorry to hear that your app piracy is causing your name not to appear in the comments section.

I'm not pirating anything! So far I have only downloaded free apps that didn't require setting up an account. :angry:

epiphone74

Reaction score
air force did you set up a gmail account?

Also check settings on market so that it will use the sign on.

Also thanks for your service to your country.

The comment made is probably from someone rooted using pirated os leakes.....

Semper fi
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App & swype

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh gotcha! Sorry!!

I'm not pirating anything! So far I have only downloaded free apps that didn't require setting up an account. :angry:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yep I'm rooted and my build was leaked code. That cost who any money? I merely misunderstood the OP's post. It was wrong of me to assume and for that, I apologize!

The comment made is probably from someone rooted using pirated os leakes.....

Semper fi
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App & swype

OP
A
Reaction score
epiphone74, thanks! For the reply and service also! Yes I did set up a gmail account, but don't see anywhere in market for settings. I'll keep looking on the phone. I'm guessing I need to set up a Market account sometime. Probably not until I need to buy an app.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Does your Gmail account that's setup in your phone have a name defined? I always thought that the name listed on the Gmail account was what showed in the Market.