AppBrain - how to rate an app?

dalemccl

Reaction score
Questions about AppBrain and/or the Market:

1. what is the difference between "reviews" and "comments" - the both seem to allow making comments. (And how to you make a comment? I see a button to add a review, but nothing that allows adding a comment.)

2. How do you give an app a star rating? In the add a "review" dialog there is a choice of thumbs up - like the app or thumbs down - don't like the app, but no opportunity to indicate a number of stars.

I also checked the official Market site from the PC's web browser and found it basically pretty poor. Only the top apps were shown, not even a search capability. I also tried the market phone app and it was better than the official website, but I still didn't see a way to rate an app with a number of stars.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

1. what is the difference between "reviews" and "comments" - the both seem to allow making comments. (And how to you make a comment? I see a button to add a review, but nothing that allows adding a comment.)

2. How do you give an app a star rating? In the add a "review" dialog there is a choice of thumbs up - like the app or thumbs down - don't like the app, but no opportunity to indicate a number of stars.

I also checked the official Market site from the PC's web browser and found it basically pretty poor. Only the top apps were shown, not even a search capability. I also tried the market phone app and it was better than the official website, but I still didn't see a way to rate an app with a number of stars.
1. I believe "reviews" are from the app brain website, where "comments" come from the android market.

2. After you install an app, go back to it in the market. The easiest way is to open the market, hit menu and choose "downloads". Tap on the app's name, and you will see "Rate it" with blank stars. Tap the stars, and you can give the app a rating, and leave a comment.

OP
D

dalemccl

Reaction score

1. I believe "reviews" are from the app brain website, where "comments" come from the android market.

2. After you install an app, go back to it in the market. The easiest way is to open the market, hit menu and choose "downloads". Tap on the app's name, and you will see "Rate it" with blank stars. Tap the stars, and you can give the app a rating, and leave a comment.

Got it. Thanks!