Many 4G Phones will be FREE on Monday at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyblade

Reaction score
"Sale" can't be used with an upgrade, free phone rumor turns out to be false. Guess I'll wait for the prices to drop before upgrading -- was pretty excited.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Must of been false information

Yeah, these things happen - one website gets the rumor, others repeat, but it looks like this is bogus. It's almost 10:00 EDT, there's no way Amazon would not have the promotion up and running by now if it were true.

knightshade

Reaction score
Sounded too good to be true, but was looking forward to it.
Would have gotten a 2nd droid in the family.

<2 months until I *can* upgrade...
Maybe hold out a little longer and see what other 4g phones come out.
Actually wish details about family shared data were available.

MisterBill

Reaction score
Can't believe I wasted so much time investigating 4G phones last night. Now I guess I am back to looking at the Droid Incredible 2 which I can get for $25 at Wirefly.

AceDROID

Reaction score
Yeah, the sale seemed too good to be true, where I tried last night to find a source from amazon itself about the free phones.. I have an OG Droid that's really showing its age and want to grab a thunderbolt before big red goes tierd in data so I can be grandfathered in to unlimited... but no dice right now. Looks like wirefly has it cheapest for 149.99.

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Yeah but the discount making it free would have made a lot of people jump for it including myself

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

AceDROID

Reaction score
Yeah.. unfortunately amazon doesn't recognize my early discount upgrade, only the full new every two one.. so wirefly would be cheapest unless I can call big red and see if they can just add the price of the bolt to my bill since I'm in excellent standing with them.. no previous balance and my next bill is due the 8th.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I'd really hate to shoot myself in the head at this point...Is there any possibility of maybe it starting sometime later today? Perhaps tomorrow? I know, going on a limb.

summit21

Reaction score
Can't believe I wasted so much time investigating 4G phones last night. Now I guess I am back to looking at the Droid Incredible 2 which I can get for $25 at Wirefly.
I am in the same boat as you. I was looking at the droid charge, switching from ATT. Now I think I may just go ahead and order the Incr 2 from wirefly, only $20 for me as a new customer. May wait one more day to see if there is an after Memorial day sale.

AceDROID

Reaction score
So I ended up going through verizon.. the thunderbolt cost me 200.. but I was able to have it billed to my account, so I'll have it by Thursday 7pm eastern (due to the free fedex two day shipping and the fact that today is memorial day so no mail or shipping goes out). I'll take it, grandfathered into unlimited 4G data until my contract is up? To hell with tierd data.

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.