Managing Exchange emails

sterdroids

Reaction score
Ok so I have my emails coming in from my works Exchange server (have a few problems with attahcements etc) but my question is how do I handle these messages? If I just want to see them on the phone and manage them from the pc how do I not have the messages I delete on the phone delete on the server?

thanks

Droids

Reaction score
You may be the first person to post the need for this. Kinda ruins the whole idea of 2-way sync. Can't imagine why anyone would not want to have active sync. Just leave the messages on the phone and marked as read until you get to your PC.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
I guess maybe I am not understanding the whole concept. i leave a ton of emails in my in box in outlook on the pc with huge file attachements i dont want the phone to fill up which it seems it will fast if i leave these messages in the inbox of the server/pc correct? And if i delete them on the phone to save space it wont be on the pc when i need it there.

or am i missing something?

thanks

Droids

Reaction score
Well someone else may correct me but I'm thinking attachments are not downloaded to the phone unless you open them, and then I would think they would be saved to the 16GB SD card. So you could use a file manager like Astro to delete them from the phone as needed.

jjprusk

Reaction score
Ok so I have my emails coming in from my works Exchange server (have a few problems with attahcements etc) but my question is how do I handle these messages? If I just want to see them on the phone and manage them from the pc how do I not have the messages I delete on the phone delete on the server?

thanks

The whole idea of having a server is that the master copy of the message store (ie, all of your messages sorted into folders, including the Inbox) is on the server. All of your clients, such as phones, laptop systems, etc. all have a common picture of the message store. Most mail clients (iPhone, Mac, Outlook, etc.) allow you to select which folders to synchronize. I did not see this in the Droid mail app, although it should be possible.

miss chris

Reaction score
I agree, I would like to be able to have the option to delete my emails from my phone while still leaving them on the server. My BB did this through BIS...

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Nobody else has this issue? I wonder how many people are using this for business I guess not that many?

Also do you know how to get the Droid to save sent messages? In the email app? I went into the sent folder and nothing was in there when I know I sent some emails for work through the Droid?

also anyone know if the phone will fill up if you dont delete things from the work server? are the attachments downloaded to the phone unless you open them?
thanks!!!