Major problems with droid 3. Keyboard...

xcodybx

Reaction score
I was as well....then when I would close my phone to use on screen, it'd make my phone screen go crazy.
began using swype and no more physical OR on screen keyboard problems.
I've tried almost every option possible to trying to fix it... deleted apps. new memory card. re flash. factory resets. data resets. cache clears. battery pulls. manually turning phone on and off. uninstalling updates. and I'm sure I'm missing some more that I did.....
re flashing worked but only for a little bit, then a week later it began doing the same thing. right when it started to mess up, I managed to make swype my default on screen (while in the middle of my keyboard having a tantrum), and the problem was immediately solved.

I have a d2g though....

Daaz

Reaction score
So if i'v rooted and rom'nd this thing, if i flash the stock os... will they still give me new one? this is my biggest / only issue with this phone :C

RySean

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same problems, both with stock and custom ROMs. I've already replaced the phone once, and the new one started having the issues. My dad also has a Droid 3, it has always been stock and he's experiencing the same issues. Anyone have a fix for this other than going through the replacement process? It's a pain in the ass...

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
After the update I really haven't had these issues anymore. The spacebar however does stick still.

Sent from my DROID3

RySean

Reaction score
Interesting... In that case I may have to go back to stock and try it out :-(

markg14

Reaction score
I have the Droid 3, had to get it replaced because spacebar began not working at all, or when you hit it it created two spaces and then a period after the word I was typing in an email or IM. My replacement didn't have that problem for 6-7 months. Then about a week ago the replacement Droid 3 began doing it. When I called Verizon, the Tech I got has the Droid 3 and gave me a fix that has worked so far. (Been using it for an hour since I did what he said without any problems). Here is what he had me do on my Droid 3: Go to 1. Settings 2. Applications 3. Manage Applications 4. Click On “All” tab at top 5. Multi Touch Keyboard 6.Clear Data. Voila! Good luck!

RWalker

Reaction score
Droid 3 sliding keyboard fix!

I too have had issues with my slide out keyboard. Verizon replaced the phone and it worked great for a couple of months. Then the problem started again.

The fix: I used alcohol to clean the keyboard and the underside of the phone body. Make sure that the alcohol is still wet and close and open the phone several times. My best guess is that the contacts that make the connection from the keyboard and the body of the phone get covered with oil and dirt from handling the phone all the time. The alcohol cleans off the contacts and the keyboard works fine then for a while. Please let me know your results.

Rich

markg14

Reaction score
I too have had issues with my slide out keyboard. Verizon replaced the phone and it worked great for a couple of months. Then the problem started again.

The fix: I used alcohol to clean the keyboard and the underside of the phone body. Make sure that the alcohol is still wet and close and open the phone several times. My best guess is that the contacts that make the connection from the keyboard and the body of the phone get covered with oil and dirt from handling the phone all the time. The alcohol cleans off the contacts and the keyboard works fine then for a while. Please let me know your results.

Rich

RWalker. I am going to try that because the fix I posted previously about clearing the data under multi-touch keyboard only worked for about 3 days and then the problem returned. Thanks for the info!

tucsontd

Reaction score
This works

I have the Droid 3, had to get it replaced because spacebar began not working at all, or when you hit it it created two spaces and then a period after the word I was typing in an email or IM. My replacement didn't have that problem for 6-7 months. Then about a week ago the replacement Droid 3 began doing it. When I called Verizon, the Tech I got has the Droid 3 and gave me a fix that has worked so far. (Been using it for an hour since I did what he said without any problems). Here is what he had me do on my Droid 3: Go to 1. Settings 2. Applications 3. Manage Applications 4. Click On “All” tab at top 5. Multi Touch Keyboard 6.Clear Data. Voila! Good luck!

This worked beautifully, even the spell check and word predict are working again. Thanks a million.