Major lag when searching contacts

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm still within my 14 day return and have found that when I search in either the contact or phone app it lags pretty bad.
According to gMail I have about 600 contacts so maybe they are to many???
I had a iPhone and when I searched it was almost immediate not saying its better.

I really like the Razr Maxx HD but I enter a name and get a black screen for about a minute or 2 at times longer.
After a while the screen will populate with my contacts but its so long.

I just want to know if there is anything I can do or if theres a hardware problem with this unit before my 14 days are up.

Any help direction would be great

Thanks

Dgeorgenyc

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same problem. MAJOR lag with the contacts app on the Razr Maxx. Lag seems especially bad when entering the recipient in Messaging apps, around 30-45 seconds.

I don't have this problem with my Samsung Charge, Samsung Galaxy S3, or Apple iPad. So, as far as I can tell, it is a problem within the Motorola MotoBlur skin they put over the base Android OS.

Verizon was unable to offer any solutions. They just shrugged their shoulders and said "you have too many contacts".

My solution was to switch phones. If I could root my Razr Maxx and get rid of MotoBlur, I would also consider that option. However, it doesn't seem like anyone has had success rooting the Razr Maxx 912 (Verizon US edition).