1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Contacts vs. Android People App Search

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Fairfax22032, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Fairfax22032

Fairfax22032 New Member

My understanding is that the Android People application is populated/synced with the contacts from my Google Gmail account. If this is correct I would expect the search feature to work the same, but there seems to be a difference in that the People application only searches on a person's name and not the entire contact record.

For example, I want to call a business (Acme Garage Door Repair) and the entry has Orlando Jones in the name field. I cannot remember that Orlando Jones is the owner, so I enter 'Acme' in the search field, but nothing comes up. However, in Gmail contacts I can put 'Acme' in the search field and it works fine.

Am I missing something here, or is that how the People app works?
  2. eldee

eldee New Member

If you want to search , on anything you filled in by your contact , use the app : Z Contacts .
Search tags for this page
android people

android people app

android people app groups
android people app issues
android people application
android people search
contacts vs people android
droid people app
google people app
google people app android

people app android