Major battery problems

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
My wifes D1 has some major battery problems.

When I charge it on the wall charger, the little led light blinks on and off (it charges on and off rapidly). If I get it at the right angle the led will stay on and it will say its charging but sometimes it will charge, other times it will actually lose charge when it says charging. Not sure what to do. When we can't get it to charge, I just swap my fully charged battery in hers.

It is rooted but it seems to be a hardware issue, not software.
It is on pe6 w/ rzr.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Update:
Now it won't charge at all. Now when I charge it with the wall charger it actually looses power just sitting there. I even tried charging in recovery and it just looses power.

My next question: her phone is a refurbished d1 from asurion. Her old droid had water damage and they sent this replacement back in February. Are they under warranty from asurion, or do I have to pay the $85 again? If so, is the warranty voided because I rooted it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You said you can get it to charge at the right angle sound like it's the charger that's messed up if you have to do that have you tried another charger?

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Yeah, tried another charger, same thing. This charger, however, did not need to be held at a certain angle. It worked fine. Going to try the car charger today

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
alright well let me know you might need to just by a battery charger that lets you charge the battery outside the phone i have one for my second battery and it works well just a thought if it ends up being that your plug is broke on your phone

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Thanks, didnt know they sold those. I will get on amazon and buy one. It will be cheaper than the $85 for Asurion. Thanks G. Are you part of the rescue squad?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope not part of the rescue squad just a dev now just doing apps and what not got two apps coming soon :) but anyway the one i have is a universal battery charger

looks a bit like this
Vivitar VIV-SC-ALL Universal Battery Charger

picked it up at radio shack charges all kinds of batteries including my droid battery but i believe they make ones also specifically for the droid

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Sweet! Only $10. Thanks brother. I wonder what happened with the rescue squad? I noticed a lot of questions go unanswered in this forum. Maybe just another sign the OG D1 is becoming obsolete.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea no problem hope it works for you and i've seen them around and i dunno about the d1 going obsolete i still love it :) and there are still roms and what not being developed for it like droid concepts, steel droid etc