Charging Problem

Milton515

Reaction score
My D1 is acting crazy with my charger, sometimes it will charge only when I wiggle it around or it wont charge at all... And sometimes it randomly reboots if the charger moves.... I have tried different chargers and they do the same... I have also tried my charger on different Droids and it works fine with them.... And also tried a battery pull, it didn't change anything and tried a different battery and it does the same thing..... Has anyone else had this problem????? PLEASE HELP, CUZ MOTOROLA IS TALKING ABOUT I WILL HAVE TO SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR ANF IT WILL BE 5-7 DAYS AFTER THEY GET IT...... I WILL GO CRAZY WITHOUT MY DROID!!!!!!!!

D1: UD1.0 Launcher Pro Plus with Custom Icons and NexTheme Wallpaper and Chevy LV 1.25GHz kernel

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Unfortunately it sounds like a hardware proplem, i.e. the charging port on your phone is going bad. So the only thing you can do is either big red or Motorola. If you got it new from VZW within a year, they should be able to do a warranty replace. Or you can just get a battery only charger and a spare battery and forget about using the charging port.

good luck

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score
Yea, I really don't feel like puttin up with either of their BS, because I call Big Red about my Battery Door and they told me to call Motorola and after I got on the phone with them they asked 20 Million questions...... So I'm seriously thinking about the battery charger and spare battery..... Where would I find the battery only charger?.... Thanks for the reply and advice

D1: UD1.0 Launcher Pro Plus with Custom Icons and NexTheme Wallpaper and Chevy LV 1.25GHz kernel

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Check eBay and Amazon. They're both chock full o' nuts. Er, useful things like batteries and chargers. eBay will often have a set for like $10.
^^^ Yeah, what he said. I bought mine from VZW way back when because I have long been in the habit of using battery only chargers and saving the charging port on my phone for hacking only ;).

Just make sure the battery you buy is actually an "OEM" battery. I bought a nice looking BP6X battery from eBay that looked just like the real thing, but nowhere on it did it say motorola and it's a piece of junk.

good luck