D2G - Battery Won't Charge

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Any help on this? When I plug my D2G into a wall charger, it acts as if there is no battery, but the white LED doesn't come on. If I connect my phone to my PC to charge it, the white LED comes on, but it still doesn't charge my battery. This happened after a failed ROM flash and am trying to flash the SBF to my phone but it won't let me without a fully charged battery. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ExodusC

Reaction score
Any help on this? When I plug my D2G into a wall charger, it acts as if there is no battery, but the white LED doesn't come on. If I connect my phone to my PC to charge it, the white LED comes on, but it still doesn't charge my battery. This happened after a failed ROM flash and am trying to flash the SBF to my phone but it won't let me without a fully charged battery. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
That's a definite problem, and I'd guess it's software related, if it happened after a failed ROM flash.

Have you tried completely shutting down the phone and plugging it in?

OP
apollyon0810

apollyon0810

Reaction score
That's a definite problem, and I'd guess it's software related, if it happened after a failed ROM flash.

Have you tried completely shutting down the phone and plugging it in?

I've done multiple battery pulls. I'm gonna load the SBF and RSDlite onto my laptop and take it over to my buddy's house tonight. He just got a D2G so I can charge mine with his phone or just use his battery. I'll post on if it works or not.

Reaction score
You can't use a phone with no software to charge the battery. If your ROM flash failed, you screwed the pooch somewhere, and the phone won't charge. Just put the battery in a different phone (the D1, D2, and D2G all use the same battery) and charge it, then put it in your phone and SBF it.

OP
apollyon0810

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Just to close up the thread. Luckily my buddy just got a D2G so I was able to use his battery long enough to flash the SBF. One I booted I did an OTA update and reinstalled my Fission ROM. Good to know that a phone with no software will not charge the battery.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Last edited: