LTE switch question

kimintenn

Reaction score
I just installed LTE switch after all the recommendations I've seen for it... It is functional, but I'm wondering if it is supposed to have all that extra stuff on the app page? For example: IMEI, PingIpAddr, Signal Strength PPsent etc And what are all the extra buttons like Toggle ciphering etc?

Just wanted to make sure I installed the right thing.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Thats the right app. You wont need all of those other things unless you are really reading it and know what they mean. There is a more direct app called 4G toggle that takes you to the setting in your phone. The LTE switch for me was ok, but going back to 4G proved problematic. it would take nearly 5 minutes for me. But using the 4G toggle app which is simply a shortcut to the 4G/3G setting in your phone seemed to work better for me.

1tfrot

Reaction score
Thats the right app. You wont need all of those other things unless you are really reading it and know what they mean. There is a more direct app called 4G toggle that takes you to the setting in your phone. The LTE switch for me was ok, but going back to 4G proved problematic. it would take nearly 5 minutes for me. But using the 4G toggle app which is simply a shortcut to the 4G/3G setting in your phone seemed to work better for me.

x2 just added the 4g toggle yesterday and makes it much easier.

pat3332

Reaction score
On the other hand, using the phone's settings doesn't allow you to switch to 4G only which I sometimes need to do. LTE/CDMA often just goes into 3G in my area even when 4G is available and I need to force it into 4G to get the LT/CDMA setting it to recognize it initially. I also prefer to switch between 4G and 3G myself rather than letting the phone make that decision. In my area, 3G is still very fast and since keeping it in 3G saves on the battery, I just use 3G for normal surfing and switch to 4G for streaming, or watching a video.