anyone experiencing browser lag and freezing?

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Signal strength aside, I have switched LTE off, and am getting a stronger reliable -83 dBm signal compared to the -109 dBm LTE signal.

But I'm still getting issues with loading pages or when using the back button and it hangs. Sometimes the browser will just close and go back to the homescreen.

I have also disabled google+ to see if that fixes some battery issues.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No problems here and I've been on cdma only for past couple days (Vegas 4g is only around 7mbps). Try clearing the data of the browser app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Detonation

Reaction score
I've been having this problem recently, starting to get annoying. Browser will just hang with the progress bar at about 10% and I have to close it to get it to do something again. Can't comment on connection, I'm always on 4g but when this happens data in other apps still works.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

nova77

Reaction score
Yeah its happened to me too, a couple of times already

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ckkbleev

Reaction score
I've been having this problem recently, starting to get annoying. Browser will just hang with the progress bar at about 10% and I have to close it to get it to do something again. Can't comment on connection, I'm always on 4g but when this happens data in other apps still works.
I've been having this exact problem and it's really getting on my nerves. It doesn't matter whether or not I'm on 3G, 4G or on Wi-Fi. The progress bar just hangs there until I close out of the app. I've also tried a couple of different browsers but my favorite by far is "Boat Browser". It's very fast, has a clean looking interface and the icon looks quite similar to the stock ICS browser icon. Oh and not to mention, it works 100% of the time.

OP
R850R

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Still hangs up even with clearing history.

Also noticed a new issue which seems to have gone away on a reboot...flashing red border in certain windows. All developer settings unchecked except for debugging.

hmmm....VZW CS/Tech call incoming....ughh

yamatos

Reaction score
I have exactly same issue on mine when on 3G, 4G or WIFI... very annoying.

chefb

Reaction score
me also .....i think i up a thread about this here also....the funny thing that in all thw review videos they never mentuon it/this issue. i was wondering if one of these roms would help this issue?

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i noticed some issues too.. I wonder if its flash related.. I was on cnn trying to watch a video and was having freezing issues.. i noticed it as well on this site.. and there seems to be flash embedded everywhere.. seems like to me anyway like its a combo of flash and bad signal (network) cuz this only happens at my house where Ive always had bad signal. i dunno :huh:

ah the joys of being an early adopter.