Stuck on 4G LTE screen BUT phone is running???

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I just took a trip to a very rural area that didn't have good data coverage when this issue started. Thought it had to do with poor data but now that I am home and on a good network it still is happening.

When I turn my phone on it boots as usual but stays on the LTE screen forever. I can hear the phone doing stuff...ie, e-mail notifications etc but the screen does not come on. It can take 2-4 hours before the screen comes on...not sure as the LTE will timeout so I have no idea when it actually comes to life.

I did not download any new apps though some did update recently. Dropbox had a recent update and now it is duplicating all my pictures?? I'm wondering if Dropbox could be the culprit?

Any help is VERY much appreciated. I don't have a land line so my phone HAS to work!!!

NOTE: My Rezound is running latest GB, not rooted, unlocked or anything. Lots of apps but that's all.

Last edited:
OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Tried multiple battery pulls, pulled the SIM card, tried to boot with back cover off....nothing.....just sits on the 4G LTE screen. The phone is ON and will even ring from an incoming call BUT I cannot answer it because the screen wont go off the 4G LTE. I'm thinking the phone is a goner....will contact Verizon tomorrow for a replacement. Bummer :angry:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon is probably going to tell you to try a factory reset first..which would also be my suggestion.

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Verizon is probably going to tell you to try a factory reset first..which would also be my suggestion.

Well, sometime during the night the screen came back to life. If I NEVER have to shut my phone off I may be okay....but something fishy is going on so I really should do a FR. Was really curious to see if anyone else had this issue. Seems most have a stuck LTE screen after they install a ROM which I did not do.

Some other issues came up too like my GMail wasn't sync-ing. Had to go in and push it through then stuff started showing up. I wonder if being in an area with very sporadic data sort of "confused" my phone?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Areas like that can cause your phone to do strange things. Freezin on boot is not one of them(that I know of)