Low-profile Galaxy Nexus Case?

52brandon

Reaction score
I just picked up a Galaxy Nexus a couple days ago. It came with a black rubber case that I don't particularly care for and would like to find a new one. It's fairly bulky and has too much grip for my pocket (it catches on my pocket putting it in and taking it out, which I'm afraid will lead to dropping it). I'd like something harder and as low-profile as possible, the phone is already big enough lol. Any feedback would be appreciated

ETA: I'm not looking for something all that colorful either. White/black would be my preference

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Best Buy near me carries Rocketfish cases - they're kind of a matte black finish... they're hard, but with kind of a smooth/rubbery feel. Hard to explain... kind of like Incase cases for the iPhone. Anyway, they're simple, and about as low profile as you can get. I don't know how much shock resistance they provide as they're pretty basic, but it sounds like it could meet what you're looking for.

OP

52brandon

Reaction score
The Best Buy near me carries Rocketfish cases - they're kind of a matte black finish... they're hard, but with kind of a smooth/rubbery feel. Hard to explain... kind of like Incase cases for the iPhone. Anyway, they're simple, and about as low profile as you can get. I don't know how much shock resistance they provide as they're pretty basic, but it sounds like it could meet what you're looking for.
thanks man. I checked their site but didn't see rocketfish, I gotta take my bike to the shop tomorrow and will check best buy at the same time

I was also checking this out on ebay: White Phone Cover Hard Faceplate Bumper Case For Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE I515 | eBay

looks pretty low profile, but I'm leery on the no-name brands having quality control

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have this case: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS BLACK TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics

Very cheap, but it feels very nice. Provides some nice grip for a slippery phone and it doesn't add much bulk either. Normally I hate cases, but I've kept this case on for a good week without really noticing.

I love those cases... it's no Otterbox, but I just want scratch protection, and as you said - looks/feels nice.

Curious, did that one have to be shipped from China? A lot of those TPU cases do. Also, I take it it fits the CDMA phone fine, but what about with the extended battery?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I have this case: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS BLACK TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics

Very cheap, but it feels very nice. Provides some nice grip for a slippery phone and it doesn't add much bulk either. Normally I hate cases, but I've kept this case on for a good week without really noticing.

I love those cases... it's no Otterbox, but I just want scratch protection, and as you said - looks/feels nice.

Curious, did that one have to be shipped from China? A lot of those TPU cases do. Also, I take it it fits the CDMA phone fine, but what about with the extended battery?

I also have this case and love it! I'm using the extended battery with the cover off.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

No idea where it shipped from, I'm pretty sure it wasn't china though as it came in a regular Amazon box, so guessing it's made here in the US.

As for the extended battery I'm not sure, don't got one. Fit nicely around my Nexus. I got it as something to throw on when I go out and play ball or something like that, but I've grown to like it on my phone all the time now.

edit: Looks like wicked answered your question

OP

52brandon

Reaction score
I ended up giving the cheap ebay one a shot. At $7 shipped, I figure why not. It's actually pretty much perfect

hennbc

Reaction score
if its low profile your looking for, go with the rearth ringke slim! a little pricey, but no other case even comes close to being as thin as this one. For those of you wondering there is a new updated ringke slim for the LTE Nexus. Best Part about it, it fits with the extended battery! if you order now theyre offereing fre shipping from their website, but currently only ave the white/ metalic cases.

Rearth Samsung Galaxy Nexus SLIM Case

sfierro

Reaction score
if its low profile your looking for, go with the rearth ringke slim! a little pricey, but no other case even comes close to being as thin as this one. For those of you wondering there is a new updated ringke slim for the LTE Nexus. Best Part about it, it fits with the extended battery! if you order now theyre offereing fre shipping from their website, but currently only ave the white/ metalic cases.

Rearth Samsung Galaxy Nexus SLIM Case

Thanks for the recommendation, I just pre ordered one. : )
I've been looking for something as slim as the Incipio Feather but for the extended battery and this looks like the answer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

EddieSFL

Reaction score
I had one.. Offers no protection at all.. The case chips and cracks after dropped. Great looking case, but not worth it. I

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had one.. Offers no protection at all.. The case chips and cracks after dropped. Great looking case, but not worth it. I

Better to have the case crack than the phone. I'd say it's doing its job