cheap soft case

Big Ry

Reaction score
My GNex took its first spill yesterday after 2 months of ownership. I got out of the car with it sitting on my lap :/ lol. I managed to ding up all four corners with one having a solid chunk missing! So I think I need to get a case. I don't want this thing looking like my D2 does after a year.

I need a soft (rubber) case that'll dissipate the energy of the impact. Those hard cases are useless and just a PITA to get on/off. Biggest issue I've found with soft cases though are their texture. I need it to slide into my pocket smoothly. Bulk isn't a huge concern, but it'd be nice to not have a gigantic case on it. And price point has to be right. Otter box makes nice soft cases with smooth texture, but I'm not paying $50 for a case...that absurd. So what would you all suggest?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I actually picked this case up after mine took a small spill. Took about a 4inch drop onto concrete and hit some rock pebbles, got blemished on the corner:(
So I picked this case up for when I'm exercising or anywhere there's a chance I can get a scratch. Comes off easy and stays on quite nice, doesn't add too much thickness either. Looks like it even dropped in price: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS CLEAR TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics

This case is AWESOME! I have 4 cases and I use this one out of all of them. Cheapest priced out of all my cases too!

I have the black one.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Here's a couple of pics:

anpYk.jpg

uViZf.jpg

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
I actually picked this case up after mine took a small spill. Took about a 4inch drop onto concrete and hit some rock pebbles, got blemished on the corner:(
So I picked this case up for when I'm exercising or anywhere there's a chance I can get a scratch. Comes off easy and stays on quite nice, doesn't add too much thickness either. Looks like it even dropped in price: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS CLEAR TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics
Just what I was looking for, Dezy! Thanks DancingNexus

I ordered one. I just wish I'd gotten this before I dropped my baby yesterday :frown:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah the case looks pretty good and adds some nice grip to what is usually a pretty slippery phone. I wish I didn't learn the hard way, but oh well, at least other than the corner blemish it's still perfect.

I can tell by your pics too wicked that the case doesn't fit around perfect, but it's more than good enough. Definitely a great case for the money

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I can tell by your pics too wicked that the case doesn't fit around perfect, but it's more than good enough. Definitely a great case for the money

It almost fits perfectly. Not really noticable. (to me at least) I do have the extended battery on.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a clear one.. for the price why not.

If I like it I'll probably try the black one.

BDNYY23

Reaction score
I recommend the Cruzerlite Androidified A2, great case for the GNex and I use it with the extended battery. Just do a search for Cruzerlite for Galaxy nexus and you should find it, I got mine from Amazon. They have about 10 different colors, most are transparent, some are solid. I have read some issues with the cutouts not being big enough for some USB cables and or headphone cables, but I have had no issues with mine.

Edit - Sorry, forgot to mention that there is a promotion for Buy 2 get 1 free for these as well. They have been listed on multiple forums, so some of the colors may be on backorder again, I know I had to wait a while for mine, but glad I got them.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got the Cruzerlite in Black. It's one of the best fitting cases out there. It fits the extended battery perfectly and looks nice. It's only $9.90 on Amazon.