OK I need a case

skyshadow

Reaction score
I've never really needed a case before but my this phone is just so much bigger and lighter I almost dropped it the other day. I want something that won't affect my zagg screen protector and will be barely noticeable. Honestly I might not even need a case I just mainly was something to add some grip on the back and sides. I would love some recommendations and reviews!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BillyBob

Reaction score
Personally, I tried both, OtterBox Commuter, & Defender cases .. excellent at what they do, (protect) but the Defender was insanely bulky, and felt like it added 2 Lbs to the phone, and took away from the sole purpose of the phones size. The Commuter, slightly better, cheaper, but also bulky, and its a B*!€# to get on/off. (2part case silicone/Plastic )

I'm currently using the "kickstand" and I love it. Its light, functional, and worth the $. (Slightly cheaper than OtterBox)

Have dropped my Razr @ least 4 times :( and you'd never Know.

Cases are something that will vary from consumer to consumer, but for what I need, Kickstand gets the cake.

Just my opinion, do your homework & stop by a VZW Store before you decide.

:) Good Luck

sfierro

Reaction score
it's all personal preference.

I'm using the incipio feather case. It doesn't add much protection but I just want to prevent scratches when its resting on a surface and better grip which this case provides perfectly.

rydeordie164

Reaction score
I've never really needed a case before but my this phone is just so much bigger and lighter I almost dropped it the other day. I want something that won't affect my zagg screen protector and will be barely noticeable. Honestly I might not even need a case I just mainly was something to add some grip on the back and sides. I would love some recommendations and reviews!

Hey Sky. I have Zagg as well..with the Otterbox COMMUTER case...and I LOVE it!! It makes a great combo. I was totally against Otter Because of the bulk, weight, and terrible built in screen protector. The commuter is an amazing case, especially with the Zagg shield. It's light, very strong, and thin. Also, it's cheap...only $30 and holds the extended battery snug....

sabitu

Reaction score
If you want a thin case that doesn't add much bulk I would go with the Seidio Surface case. If you want a case that offers more protection in case you drop your phone while still being relatively thin, the Otterbox Commuter case is the way to go. It is definitely thicker than the Seidio Surface case but it is also much more durable.

rydeordie164

Reaction score
pics of OB commuter case..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326830557825.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326830557825.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 441
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326830569360.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326830569360.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 400

sabitu

Reaction score
That first pic is actually the Incipio Silicrylic Case.

beatnik27

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Incipio silicrylic case on my Gnex. While it doesn't add too much bulk or weight, it is the biggest lint magnet I've ever seen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm currently using the Incipio silicrylic case on my Gnex. While it doesn't add too much bulk or weight, it is the biggest lint magnet I've ever seen.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That lint issue goes away after some time. Had one on my DX. If it's just grip you are looking for then I +1 the Feather Case.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
everyone (myself included) seems to really like the diztronic case on amazon. Its like $10 shipped. Covers the case well without adding much bulk.

I bought one and my brother liked it so much he got one for his phone. He had the case mate pop case and prefers the diztronic much more.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Mehknic

Reaction score
everyone (myself included) seems to really like the diztronic case on amazon. Its like $10 shipped. Covers the case well without adding much bulk.

I bought one and my brother liked it so much he got one for his phone. He had the case mate pop case and prefers the diztronic much more.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

I'll second this. Just got mine for the GNex, but I had one before it for the bionic. It doesn't add much bulk and the translucent smoke one actually looks fantastic on the phone (it's pretty close to the CDMA Nexus color, closer to the GSM).

sabo

Reaction score
I second that..these cheap cases are the same that Big Red sells for $29.00..I bought one..Black..$7.86 delivered to my door..fits nice with extended Batt.. Verizon wanted $29.00

Droid592

Reaction score
case mate pop is a really good case and I got mine for $15

Sent from my Unlocked & Rooted G Nexus

baldybill

Reaction score
Can anyone weight in on the Seidio active case?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus