Love the quicksand but....

DeathGrind

Reaction score
Love the kickstand but.....I'm I only that wished it was the other side of the phone? Bad placement imho. I watch a lot of movies before sleepy times on my phone.....I love the kick stand for viewing but being unable to chargye the battery while utilizing the kick stand kinda sucks.
Anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
DeathGrind

DeathGrind

Reaction score
Damn auto correct! Quicksand.....really.....meant kickstand. Bad placement of the charging port is my gripe.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I agree to both, auto correct on this phone seems to be worse then my old Droid, haha. As for the kickstand, I like it where it is however I wish the charging port was on the top right instead of bottom left.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Seems they were more concerned with the dock than standing on it's side while charging. Probably something they thought of, but had to choose one way or the other.

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
Agree to both as well, OverCorrect (yes, I stole that from someone else) should be the correct term, loved my DX, this thing is a pain.

gfunk

Reaction score
You guys do realize that the kickstand can stand the phone up in 'portrait' mode as well as 'landscape', right?

Ok, that won't help with watching videos while charging. So just make sure its charged before you watch videos.

Q

qoncept

You guys do realize that the kickstand can stand the phone up in 'portrait' mode as well as 'landscape', right?

Ok, that won't help with watching videos while charging. So just make sure its charged before you watch videos.
Exactly. The solution is to move the USB port somewhere else. Doesn't matter now, though.

geoff5093

Reaction score

Exactly. The solution is to move the USB port somewhere else. Doesn't matter now, though.
Then the docks wouldn't work.

drew

Reaction score

Then the docks wouldn't work.

Then the $60 docks wouldn't work. Me thinks that wasn't done by accident.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where are the docks? I saw a pic of one early - like before the phone came out and I haven't seen them since. :unsure:

OP
DeathGrind

DeathGrind

Reaction score
If someone made a replacement backpeice that had the kickstand swapped I would buy one. That would resolve the issue.

uploadfromtaptalk1302733688633.jpg

That peice with the kickstand reversed.

dafischman

Reaction score
They could have easily designed the phone to slide into the dock on the phones right side(in portrait) with a micro usb port on the phones right side(in portrait), and keep the kickstand the way it is so you could set it down on the left side(in portrait) with the kickstand out and a charger plugged into the right side(top when in landscape). But they didn't because now you have to buy their dock to charge while using it.

Josh