Some Thunderbolt love to counteract all the negativity

jimmiem

Reaction score
I've had the Thunderbolt since it was released. I loved it then and I love it now. It's always been smoking fast, the giant screen is gorgeous, the kick stand comes in very handy (especially in portrait), and simultaneous voice and data is awesome!

I visit this forum every few months to find root info for new updates, and every time I visit it seems like everyone is just piling on the hate for their phones! Honestly, how can my experience be so different from everyone else's? Am I just lucky? Yeah, the battery sucks. I have the extended battery and it gets me through an average day with no problem. I had the reboot issue from the update way back that was supposed to fix all the little nags the phone was released with, but I rolled back to my pre-update backup and waited for the reboot issues to be fixed before updating again. No big deal. Now everyone is *****ing about VM notifications, but why would anyone use VZW over Google Voice for VM?

I just updated to the latest leaked Gingerbread OTA and so far I love it, but if I find out something is horribly messed up I will roll back and wait for HTC to release another fix.

That's it, I just wanted to share some love to show that not everybody hates their phone. The TB is by far the best phone I've ever owned. It's hard for me to believe I'm the only one who doesn't hate it.

Mysfit

Reaction score
Trust me you are not the only one. Nice post....

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tbolt1125

Reaction score
Thank you, I am the same as you I love this phone and hate seeing it getting slammed all the time. I also have the extended battery. And everytime I use the kickstand around anybody I always get a that's cool comment or someone with an iPhone saying I wish I had that

sent from the bolt

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Great post OP. Mine is a love/hate relationship. The hate comes from my gf because the errors like no answer button, only end call, happen to be when she calls me.. and I'm not taking the blame for that lol... It is a fantastic phone tho, and battery life isn't that bad on the regular battery if you use JuiceDefender (I went further for Ultimate). I'm rooted on Bamf's SoaB 1.0 and I love the Sense 3.5, coming from a OG Droid I used to be a purist, only vanilla/aosp, but now I like how HTC has handled their UI and made it different from Moto and Sammie... and simultaneous data/voice is great; every time theres a "only AT&T let's your iPhone talk and surf at the safe time" I chime in with "unless you have a tbolt!"

Rhino94

Reaction score
I love the thunderbolt. It is a beast of a phone. My dad always complains its too heavy. But know this thing is perfect I love the feel of it. It truly is unlike any other phone I have had before, I think now that HTC understands the battery requirement for 4G the rest of their phones will accommodate for it. In the future they will probably make the sense ui less of a power hog but for now its amazing and we all love it. <3 thunderbolt

MrKleen

Reaction score
On the bamf soab Tom you can fix the no call button by installing the 2.1 answer screen patch from the original rom thread.

I also love my phone. My only issue is network related and I know they are working it out.

I think many don't know how to use their phones. And of course there are those that just love to complain.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
every time theres a "only AT&T let's your iPhone talk and surf at the safe time" I chime in with "unless you have a tbolt!"

It used to be "only AT&T let's you talk and surf at the safe time" - with the advent of LTE and Thunderbolt they had to change their ad slogan to include iPhone (as the Verizon iPhone is still just CDMA).

Kabel_Guy

Reaction score
This is the first time i've been inspired to post. Guess this thread comes closest to matching my perspective. Single best phone i've ever owned. Hands down.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I don't have GB...how do you guys get it over the air? Mine says nothing available

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
I don't have GB...how do you guys get it over the air? Mine says nothing available

HTC pulled the update for a bit to fix all the bugs like voicemail and stuff.

And I completely agree with op. I wouldn't trade this phone for any phone that is out right now. I have NEVER had any issues with this phone (still running froyo) phone runs incredibly smooth, and 4g is amazingly fast!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

alboboy10

Reaction score
I did unroot recently, did some update that was available and now GPS is great locks quick, hasn't rebooted...it's just good. But I've never actually had GB on my phone so I want it

Btw I tried to set up voice mail with google voice and it didn't work!

johnd09

Reaction score
The only problem I have ever had was the revolting issue a while back, and since I have rooted it is even more amazing.

Sent from my BAMF'd 'bolt

tbolted

Reaction score
Love my Thunderbolt, only problem has been battery drain due to blockbuster app, but that's a minor inconvenience. I read a post somewhere that it was something other than bb causing it, and that caused some concern on my part, but that turned out to be a red herring and now I know to kill that app every time I think of it.

My kids both have dinc2's that are upgraded to gb, and I don't really see that big of a difference, so right now have no reason to root. One of these days....

Called my boss's LG Revo and talked while I browsed and sent him a text, he was stuck in talk and no text or surf, and was very pissed. Gotta love that.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I've been rooted so long that I've forgotten that there was a Blockbuster app.

geoff5093

Reaction score
When I first got my TB I loved it, the huge gorgeous display, 4G capability, fast, etc. The battery life is better then my D1, if I use my phone moderately I can get through a full day without charging. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great phone and I do enjoy using it, however even after trying several ROM's it seems to have gotten more sluggish, maybe it's just my lack of patience when clicking on something for it to actually complete the task, I want it to be instantaneous!

In the end though I feel it's more the Android platform then the phone itself. Whenever I get a new phone I love using it for a while, but the novelty wears off and then I want something new. Also, I have Google Voice but I don't use it for voicemail because then I will need to give people a new number - I've had the same cell number for 4+ years and don't want to change it.