Lost Voice Recognition After Rooting =[

c19932

Reaction score
Hey guys, I rooted my milestone and now I don't have voice recognition anymore. I tried the method where you uninstall "com.google.android.voicesearch" from applications, but I could not find that in my list. What should I do to get back voice recognition? Reflashing the firmware? unrooting? If so, please link me where to do so. I looked thru the site and most tutorials are for droids, which I don't think are applicable to milestone.

Thank you

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys, I rooted my milestone and now I don't have voice recognition anymore. I tried the method where you uninstall "com.google.android.voicesearch" from applications, but I could not find that in my list. What should I do to get back voice recognition? Reflashing the firmware? unrooting? If so, please link me where to do so. I looked thru the site and most tutorials are for droids, which I don't think are applicable to milestone.

Thank you

Did you install a custom rom or kernel?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmmmm....I've had this happen to me going back to stock. A factory reset in the privacy section fixed it for me. Don't know how that will work if you're rooted however.

OP
C

c19932

Reaction score
Ok I reflashed it with the UK firmware and its back =D

Last edited: