Change Navigation default

JoshSkillz

Reaction score
Hey guys, like many of you using your Milestone in Aus or similar, (where google nvaigation & motonav is unavaiable)
i have installed the google maps apk with the voice given directions, for reasons beyond me means i am able to use google navigation in australia...

This means i have 2 map applications on my milestone, the first being the default where i do not get the option to 'navigate' and the 2nd where i do.

my question is, am i able to change the default map application when using Voice commands / Navigation mode?
it defaults to the normal map app, which means both these functions are useless.

Thankyou in advance

blunted

Reaction score
iv been doing a little research and have yet to find any way of doing it without rooting and "pushing" or something like that. Unfortunately, i have a telus milestone and dont have the option. Il definitely be watching this thread too.

By voice commands you mean "navigate to..." and it will pull up your brut version right?

Something that has helped me is "nav launcher" from the market. Its one extra touch to open the program however, from there you can use voice commands.

tjblotto

Reaction score
If you download ClearDefaults app, you can run google navigator off of voice or internet query.

For some reason it doesn't ask to set google navigator as default though.