SwiftKey X and real-time voice recognition

buffhawk84

Reaction score
Hey hey!

My problem is a bit difficult to explain, I'll try my best:

I love SwiftKey X. What I do not love is SwiftKey voice recognition when texting. Entry time is limited so it always cuts me off, then it offers three suggestions, meh. Is there a way to use Google's beautiful real-time voice recognition with this keyboard?

Thanks droid heads!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Parafly9

Reaction score
Hey hey!

I love SwiftKey X. What I do not love is SwiftKey voice recognition when texting. Entry time is limited so it always cuts me off, then it offers three suggestions, meh. Is there a way to use Google's beautiful real-time voice recognition with this keyboard?

Thanks droid heads!

I doubt it's possible. I used Swiftkey X previously as well on my Tbolt, but the real time recognition on the G Nexus blows it completely away. I'm sticking with the stock keyboard now.

OP
buffhawk84

buffhawk84

Reaction score
I doubt it's possible. I used Swiftkey X previously as well on my Tbolt, but the real time recognition on the G Nexus blows it completely away. I'm sticking with the stock keyboard now.

I may have to do that also but the stock keyboards prrdiction logarithms are nowhere near as good as SwiftKey... I guess it depends on the user

???

Reaction score
yep, same here. type with SwiftKey but change to the stock one to use the voice to text of the stock one. It's a pain but better than using the stock one to type. i mean it's ok, but what I hate is back spacing. i love the slide to delete last word of swift

jnedo

Reaction score
Solution

Hey hey!

Thanks droid heads!

SOLUTION: At least on my Galaxy nexus running ICS, whenever I go into the type window using swiftkey there is a notification on the notification bar that shows a keyboard icon. Once you slide down the notification menu you can choose other keyboard options including Google voice text to speech. I'm not sure what phone or OS you are using but it just appeared on mine once I started using swiftkey or any other non-stock keyboard.